• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    The lie down hasn't achieved much. The good drugs also haven't achieved much so I'm giving another variant a go. Got out of bed as I'd like to sleep this evening.

Sadly CUK doesn't look nice in dark mode so I won't be lingering about much this evening as I'm always light sensitive when I get a headache or migraine.
    I'll see about sorting out a dark mode theme once everything else is fixed. It can be done in CSS with the prefers-color-scheme media query so you wouldn't even have to choose it - it would apply automatically if your device/browser was in dark mode

Comment

LM keep your chin up!

Dinner was cod & chips via Miss V2.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

As it seems, without anybody planning it, to have become Big Ship Week, tonight's first major motion rewatch was Captain Phillips (2013), which is excellent as Big Ship movies go (though it might also be the only one), based on the true story of a Big Ship being attacked by Somalian pirates. It certainly makes being stuck abeam the Suez Canal seem like the preferable option; well worth a watch

And then it's Go Ape or Go Home with Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014), in which most of the humans show themselves in a very bad light and should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. So just like real life

Finally, to reinforce the point about humans: The Shield S2E3 Partners (TV Episode 2003), which starts with somebody's amputated arm and then goes deeper into human depravity; and S2E4 Carte Blanche (TV Episode 2003), which sets up a lot of stuff for a major series arc in a very brutal way, and the fact that I enjoyed it and keenly anticipate future developments also says much about humans

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Colder at 16.8 deg in here.

1020 mBar, 30.12 in Hg, 55% RH.

Saturday apparently.

Nightmares.

Odd since I'd wake up, go back to sleep & it would continue unabated.

Much like RealLife(tm) at the moment.

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

Not warm by any means & a lazy wind.

Being one not to pass up a free screw in the road, I have returned with a very impressive 8" galv nail and an M10 bolt that looks like it might have fallen out of something important.

<hiatus>

Lunch: Heinz beans on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same x 2, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: more of the NZ customs prog. The Chinese really do attempt to import some vile looking tulipe in the way of "food".

One of the progs had Jeremy Clarkson in it, doing some sort of Top Gear thingy over there (i.e. it was fecking ancient).

Other entertainment: reading more of the Jobs book which increasingly displays what an arsehole he really was.

Tea: spag & fiery bol, yog x 2, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Sky Arts: Pink Floyd: Delicate sound of thunder (1988), Momentary Lapse of Reason tour apparently.

More or less this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delica..._Thunder_(film)

I much prefer "Pulse".

Oh, we've got as far as "Comfortably Numb".

And that Durga McBroom.

Nothing much appealed so more of the Jobs book was read until that got too boring to continue.

Finally, remembering the thing about Westerns on Sky Arts, I watched "Winchester 73 (1950)" with that James Stewart character.

Spotted a chap in it that looked a bit like Tony Curtis, who turned out to be Anthony Curtis indeed.

With some geezer called Rock Hudson as the Indian Native American chief.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 March 2021, 07:59.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            The lie down hasn't achieved much. The good drugs also haven't achieved much so I'm giving another variant a go. Got out of bed as I'd like to sleep this evening.

Sadly CUK doesn't look nice in dark mode so I won't be lingering about much this evening as I'm always light sensitive when I get a headache or migraine.
            How are you feeling this morning?
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

How are you feeling this morning?
              Much better, thank you.

Still fuzzy headed but I can see straight and the lovely sunshine isn't making me wince.

Comment

Morning all

Dry, lovely blue sky, not a cloud to be seen. Currently 8 degrees ('feels like' 6) and will reach 11 later. Cloud cover will increase as the day progresses but it'll stay dry. Barometer up to 1021 mBar.

Looking ahead, it seems like Tuesday might get up to 22!!

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                'Singin' in the Rain' the comedy musical starring Gene Kelly and Debbie Reynolds is released 1952

Comment

The dog ends of the loaf were toasted and scoffed with some lightly scrambled eggs.

The WM is bleating at me which must mean the towels are washed.

Comment

Forgot to report yesterday that I have been contracted to work on another project until the end of June. Start on the 12th, after Easter, as I wanted a break.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Overcast day out, and only 9°C; seems it might get as high as 11° later, but it'll remain cloudy and then turn windy overnight

Barometers: 1010/1018mB.

We also have a forecast of warmer weather for Tuesday - 21° here

Comment

Working...
                      X