• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A container ships has got stuck sideways in the Suez Canal

You can follow its progress, should there be any, at https://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9811000

Click image for larger version  Name:	suez-canal-ship-stuck.png Views:	0 Size:	67.1 KB ID:	4153407

Comment

Quatermass and the Pit S2 tonight: The Ghosts (TV Episode 1958)

Even earlier night tonight, as I seem to have become completely incapable of getting up unless I've had my eight hours these days

Goodnight all

Comment

Puddy tat back all in one piece, now resident on Miss V3's bed as per normal, I expect a 4am call when Miss V3 wakes up and realises Mr wimpy the cat is back.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          A container ships has got stuck sideways in the Suez Canal

You can follow its progress, should there be any, at https://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9811000

Click image for larger version Name:	suez-canal-ship-stuck.png Views:	0 Size:	67.1 KB ID:	4153407
          This stuff would make a nice general thread. Copies, runs off to General....
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Puddy tat back all in one piece, now resident on Miss V3's bed as per normal, I expect a 4am call when Miss V3 wakes up and realises Mr wimpy the cat is back.

Did the dog win?
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Morning all

Dry. Blue sky with just a chemtrail streaking across. Currently 8 degrees with an expected high of 12. Cloud cover will increase as the day progresses but the sun may make an appearance again early evening. Low chance of rain. Barometer down to 1021 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
              Johann Sebastian Bach dedicates the six 'Brandenburg Concertos' to the Margrave 1721

I looked up 'Margrave' and it's a title akin to Marquis. Turns out the Margrave the concertos were dedicated to was a chap called Christian Ludwig of Brandenburg-Schwedt. He only warrants a short paragraph on Wikipedia.
              Last edited by ladymuck; 24 March 2021, 08:57.

Comment

Morning denizens

The now-traditional grey start, though if the rain that the weather app vaguely spoke of ever arrived this morning, it must have been both brief and light as it's just very slightly damp out, which could just be from a heavy dew. Currently 8°C heading for 12° and a chance of some sunshine later, though also a slight chance of a shower or so around lunchtime; 1008/1016mB

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

This stuff would make a nice general thread. Copies, runs off to General....
                  Go for it!

Well, you already have gone for it, but you know what I mean

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Did the dog win?
                    My understanding is the cat has now a larger respect for our neighbours dog but he seemed unscarred whereas the dog has a nice new scratch on his nose.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

^^^Glad the cat survived.

Morning.

Damp.

Blue white sky.

Wanly sunny.

No current precipitation.

17.6 deg in here.

1019 mBar, 30.1 in Hg, 55% RH.

Wednesday apparently.

<hiatus>

Walk walked in the sunshine.

Breeze quite chilly.

Water level in the res now 15 feet lower than previously.

I wonder WTF they're up to.

Many bumble bees spotted.

Lunch: poached tomato (dunno why I term it poached since all I do is cook it for 2.5 minutes in the poppity ping) with scrambled egg (ditto, 1.5 minutes), on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

No yog since I forgot & it's too late now.

The C96 broomhandle reference brought up all sorts of perusing of the interweb re the Webley Wilkinson M1892.455 revolver which would have been an alternative for WSC at the battle of Omdurman, and would probably have resulted in a somewhat different history for the nation.

Ah, the dear dead days beyond recall when the opposition were armed with spears instead of AKs.

<hiatus>

Some minor potching undertaken in the garden & the rubbish sorted for collection tomorrow.

Tea: the last of the roast turkey and sausage, more tinned peaches, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: NCIS S8 E3 "Short fuse".

Abandoned Engineering: the Scottish castle where Rudolph Hesse spent some time, a part of the Dead Sea coast that's covered in sink holes, some mysterious underground in Liverpool.

Now that's what I call a sinkhole.

Williamson's tunnels in Liverpool.

Very odd.

Prison in Wyoming, complete with gas chamber.

Wyoming State Penitentiary.

The Julian Gallows. Nice.

Elementary S7 E1. Well that wasn't on.

So it's "My feet are killing me", with a chap who has four toes rather than five, and they're talking about chopping them all off.

Too gross (which is saying something)

Thing on PBS about Billy the Kid instead.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 March 2021, 23:09.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X