• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Sorry, I've been reading a book

I read a bit of mine at 04:00 this morning after the nightmare about some contract job or other that I was fecking up royally.

I hope it wasn't one of my precog dreams.

And when I got back to sleep again the fecking dream carried on where it had left off.

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    Why are You clearing all their krap, and mowing their feckin lawn?
    they'll do feck all for as long as you do it for them, free.

FFS get a grip!

Fecked if I know.

I may take the petrol mower back & charge them £15 a mow from now on.

Might as well make some money once I'm a poor OAP, like.

Sorry, i've been dahn the rub 'a' dub.
    Duw Duw.

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Evening/Morning all. I wonder what joys tonight's work will bring?
    Nothing good.

a nice haggis supper with a deep fried mars bar for pudding, perhaps??

quite the bearsden buffet

Ye'll have had yer tea.

As it transpires, the female half came to the back door & said thanks.

The male half is still in his pit, poor lamb.

Turns out her uncle broke his hip last week & popped his clogs yesterday, whilst her mother is in & out of A&E like a fiddlers elbow.

I remembered something my Dad said about his mother, basically she took to her bed at the age of 40 and it took the fecking Luftwaffe dropping bombs around the place to get her up in the air raid shelter.

I wonder if that little quirk has passed down through the generations.

Certainly some of her other quirks, such the religiosity certainly seem to have.

Hadn't thought of that before.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 May 2019, 18:43.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

I read a bit of mine at 04:00 this morning after the nightmare about some contract job or other that I was fecking up royally.

I hope it wasn't one of my precog dreams.

And when I got back to sleep again the fecking dream carried on where it had left off.

Fecked if I know.

I may take the petrol mower back & charge them £15 a mow from now on.

Might as well make some money once I'm a poor OAP, like.

Duw Duw.

Nothing good.

Ye'll have had yer tea.

As it transpires, the female half came to the back door & said thanks.

The male half is still in his pit, poor lamb.

Turns out her uncle broke his hip last week & popped his clogs yesterday, whilst her mother is in & out of A&E like a fiddlers elbow.

I remembered something my Dad said about his mother, basically she took to her bed at the age of 40 and it took the fecking Luftwaffe dropping bombs around the place to get her up in the air raid shelter.

I wonder if that little quirk has passed down through the generations.

Certainly some of her other quirks, such the religiosity certainly seem to have.

Hadn't thought of that before.
      Which was a sainsburys steak and ale pie <reduced>, with the last of a bag of my auntie's roast tatties and the good captain's peas.

the cardiorenalapathy is strong with me today.

not so strong as with your neighbour though, by the sound of it.

Comment

This evening's tea/dinner was more of yesterday's roast beef, which was nice enough.

The evening's entertainment is an epic called "Violent City (1970)" with a very young looking Charlie Bronson, Telly Savalas, and Jill Ireland (David McCallum's ex).

Violent City (1970) - IMDb

He still looks like teak though.

I have no recall of seeing this before.

That was odd.

This might explain some of it:

United Artists cut about eight minutes from the Italian version of this film for its American release.

These scenes are re-inserted in the DVD but are heard in the Italian language with English subtitles.

The complete and uncut version of this film on DVD restores all scenes which had been omitted from all earlier English language prints.

As these scenes were never looped in English, they appear on the DVD in Italian language with English subtitles, while the rest of the film is in English.
        Peculiar, putting it mildly.

The film itself is an Italian potboiler, with a fair amount of Miss Ireland on display.

Considering Mr Bronson's views on such things, I found it a bit surprising.

Maybe he enjoyed having his wife parade her butt.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 May 2019, 21:10.

Comment

For any CUK Satanists who live in the South East, you'll be happy to know there is a Satanic Church in Battle. It's in this garage:

Google Maps
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Went round to neighbour's for dinner. Both constant indoor smokers, had to hang my clothes on line when I got back, hopefully the smell will go.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Went round to neighbour's for dinner. Both constant indoor smokers, had to hang my clothes on line when I got back, hopefully the smell will go.
              along with the clothes, depending on where you live

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Trying to decide if I need an SQL expert to help, or see if I can work it out myself...

I have a table which I'm pivoting 4 fields (out of hundreds) that are of interest. Pivoting on 1 to get the sum of another based on the third (works perfectly), but also want to have a count of the distinct records on the 4th field.

I know how to do a count of the distinct records, but can't think right now how to get that on the same output as the pivot.
                try a CTE and join? unless you have lots of records its fairly fast.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Which was a sainsburys steak and ale pie <reduced>, with the last of a bag of my auntie's roast tatties and the good captain's peas.

the cardiorenalapathy is strong with me today.

not so strong as with your neighbour though, by the sound of it.

Mrs V's finest curry and rice with a nice Merlot.

The pregnant shed (so much junk the walls were bulging) gave birth and a few wheelbarrows of crud are in the skip. I also fixed the wood rack which was the real problem, lots of lovely old wood,Oak, Mahogany, pear that I acquired were leaning against the wall now in a rack.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The other oddity was that I found a hen's egg carefully secreted in a pile of rubbish that I'd swept into a heap.

I wonder what left that there and will it be disappointed to find its gone.

TFBSZ.

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

Getting a bit chilly round here again

Comment

Working...
                      X