• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Aye, was nowhere near playing along at home today! Did better on the words though.

Edit - well nowhere near as in one away
    I got the first two numbers games the same way you did them, but both within a whisker of the clock running out

Comment

I have no idea what this "Countdown" thing is, but congrats to Mudskipper for being famous.

In other other news, lunch today was two of the faggots I baked yesterday, along with yet more Heinz beans on Morrisons sunflower seed toast.

Having been eating beans and shedloads of cruciferous wegetable, I'm really really fragrant today.

In fact, every day.

<hiatus during which tea/dinner was prepared>

Tea/dinner this evening was more of yesterday's beef, along with plentiful quantities of cruciferous wegetables.

Followed by stewed apple (Cox's that were just about going bad) and custard.

It was all acceptable if not exactly Very Nice.

This evening's televisual epic is likely to be "Ill met by moonlight" with Dirk Bogarde etc.

Ill Met by Moonlight (1957) - IMDb

It's in proper Black & White.

And VistaVision whatever that was, it's 16:9 coming off the dvd.

I'm not enjoying this over much.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 April 2019, 19:39.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

MS looks very different when not in lycra and with some slap on.....

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          This evening's televisual epic is likely to be "Ill met by moonlight" with Dirk Bogarde etc.

Ill Met by Moonlight (1957) - IMDb

It's in proper Black & White.

And VistaVision whatever that was, it's 16:9 coming off the dvd.
          Another Powell & Pressburger classic

Comment

Off to the pub for a birthday pint or more shortly

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Another Powell & Pressburger classic
              I'm tending to the opinion that Dirke Bogarde wasn't the ideal choice despite the opinion of Major Patrick Leigh Fermor D.S.O. O.B.E.

The evening's 2nd feature is "Hard Cash".

Hard Ca$h (2002) - IMDb

So far it's not looking too promising.

It reached a reasonably satisfactory conclusion for a straight to dvd film produced in Bulgaria.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 April 2019, 22:29.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                I'm tending to the opinion that Dirke Bogarde wasn't the ideal choice despite the opinion of Major Patrick Leigh Fermor D.S.O. O.B.E.

The evening's 2nd feature is "Hard Cash".

Hard Ca$h (2002) - IMDb

So far it's not looking too promising.
                Speaking of Dirke Bogarde, I'm reminded that I've not watched "A Bridge too Far" in a few years. Might have to see if I have it somewhere.

Comment

Is this thing on?

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                    Speaking of Dirke Bogarde, I'm reminded that I've not watched "A Bridge too Far" in a few years. Might have to see if I have it somewhere.
                    Watched it a couple of months ago. Review somewhere ^^^^

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                    Is this thing on?
                    Sort of.

TFBSZ.

Comment

Back from the pub after an enjoyable session of avoiding the folksingers in the front bar

No offence to the folksingers, but I'd heard all the folksinging-in-pubs that I needed by the time I was 30-odd, and I'm a tad older than that now

I did a minor detour round the backstreets to dodge the beggars outside the fried chicken shop too. Shame for the shop, as I probably would have popped in if that lot hadn't been congregating outside.

And again, no dislike of homeless people per se, but I know where that lot live, a few streets down in the block behind Wilkinson's and the Co-op. This suggests to me that they aren't homeless; and they've had a couple of years or more to sort their tulip out so they aren't desperate either

Anyway, I now need to decide whether or not to have something to eat, and if so what

Comment

Working...
                      X