• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This evening's epic was, as predicted, "Another 48 hours (1990)" with Eddie Murphy and Nick Nolte.

Another 48 Hrs. (1990) - IMDb

Good, not quite as good as the first one, but pretty good all the same.

This one didn't feature Dexter's undead dead dad mostly because he was dead dead dead in the first one.

His undead brother turned up instead until he got dead too.

Sorry for the spoiler.

Dunno if I ever saw that back in the day, I have no recollection of it at all.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tea tonight has been ribs and chips, and though it was nice enough, I now wish I'd had the forethought to stick an extra rib in there when I froze them however long ago, and also made more chips last week (or ate fewer of them then). But it was very good, even if slightly undersized

And my current little project is 90% done, so I've just got to do the remaining 90% now

It's an image placeholder generator thing for use when laying out websites. Ask it for /200x300 and if there's already a 200x300 pixel image, you'll get that; otherwise, it'll generate one (handily labelled with its size too) and save it for next time. Easier than mucking about chopping up whatever images you have lying around into the right size. And I'll also make it generate the retina versions, so it can be used for testing the HTML srcset stuff that allows you to specify that you want images of a certain resolution as well as size and so on.

But as much as anything, it's an excuse to write a WSGI app from scratch, as I've never done that and thought it would be good to know how it works under the hood; and also to muck around with the Python Imaging Library, which I haven't used since I did some work with it for Capital Radio eleven years ago

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        This evening's epic was, as predicted, "Another 48 hours (1990)" with Eddie Murphy and Nick Nolte.

Another 48 Hrs. (1990) - IMDb

Good, not quite as good as the first one, but pretty good all the same.

This one didn't feature Dexter's undead dead dad mostly because he was dead dead dead in the first one.

His undead brother turned up instead until he got dead too.

Sorry for the spoiler.

Dunno if I ever saw that back in the day, I have no recollection of it at all.
        I know I haven't seen that one

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Even though I've seen him in loads of things, for some reason the film I always remember David Warner for is Time After Time (1979), in which H. G. Wells (Malcolm McDowell) builds an actual time machine, and Warner plays his friend who's secretly Jack the Ripper. He steals the time machine and travels to present-day (i.e. 1979) San Francisco to continue his campaign of murder, with Wells in pursuit. I might watch that again soon, actually
          And so I did, and a very good film it is

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            And so I did, and a very good film it is

Goodnight all
            And an all too rare film where the aforementioned Malcolm McDowell plays the hero rather than the antagonist.

As is plain, I'm up at stupid o'feckingclock again.

The prospect of another fortnight of this while waiting for the appointment with the feckwhits in Carmarthen is insupportable.

I think I'll inform them that the appointment is midday Friday, take it or leave it.

That should put the cat amongst the flying rats.

Re "Another 48 Hours":

Original workprint of Another 48 Hrs. was 145 minutes long. Movie was cut down to 120 minutes by director Walter Hill or Paramount studio for original planned theatrical summer release, but week before it was to be released Paramount cut additional 25 minutes out of the movie making the final theatrical version only about 93 minutes long.

In total, about 50 minutes were deleted from original cut of the movie causing many plot holes and continuity mistakes.
            That explains a lot.

Thank feck it wasn't 145 minutes long.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 February 2019, 04:50.

Comment

Morning all cloudy and overcast with some light rain on the walk earlier, but it might be burning off slightly.
              In other news, I've got my weekly dog walking figures up over 50km now, which is good for me and Millie.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Just got a recorded call from HMRC regarding a legal complaint filed under my name.

Yeh right. How do people fall for this stuff?
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

morning
                  no signs of the promised deluge in sunny sarf herts yet.

Comment

Yesterday was sunny & hazy.

Today is colder, wet, and misty.

But, looking on the bright side, still can't see Margam.

Looking on the dark side, off to see the dentist at 14:10, unfortunately not 2:30.

Comment

Morning all

Here we are then - after five months here I've had the talk with the PM where he's warned me that work is slowing down enough to make a renewal unlikely. Bench for me from a week on Monday.

I don't mind really. I did most of the groundwork for the designs here, distilled quite a lot of the bigger picture from the incomplete and out of date documentation we started with. Just having a decent idea of what plugs in where is satisfaction enough. Sadly the consultancy three down the chain panicked when they saw the initial document I produced and brought in four more architects. Now they're all keeping their heads down and hoping for renewal in a month or so.

Let's see what the bench turns up.

Comment

Working...
                      X