• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Bloody hell. Really on phone scammer list this morning. 2 recorded calls from "HMRC", one recorded call from "BT" and one Indian bloke re my health & safety.
    Come on now, all we want are your bank details.

That's easy enough surely.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Last of the sausages in a butty (white) for lunch

I need to activate myself shortly; I need a haircut, and I need to pop to the garage to arrange an MOT for the Toyota, and I figure I might as well get the shopping done so I don't have to go out in the rain tomorrow… and I need to implement the rest of the URL handling for the image placeholder thing too
    Was in the dentist at 14:10 as predicted.

Then off to the barber to have a haircut.

I've heard of iZombies but have never seen one before.

This iZombie sat wordless in the chair while Huw did what looks to me very much like a very very slow short back & sides.

55 years ago one wouldn't have been seen dead looking like that.

How things change.

Men's 1970s Hairstyles: An Overview - Hair and Makeup Artist Handbook

And the only cool chap in that lot is Shaft aka Richard Roundtree.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 February 2019, 15:46.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Hair cut, car in for MOT on Monday, and shopping done

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      I may have a look at that. I enjoyed study of doormats that you posted last year.
      That was a good one

Comment

I need this VR thing doing so I found a solicitors just across the dock by the Tesco, seemed good.

Naturally enough, they don't do the employment stuff there, rather it's done in the Cardiff office.

So I'm having a day off on Monday.

Maybe get to have lunch with Strangelove Sis while I'm at it.

In other news it pissed down on the way home at lunch time.

The sun came out for the trip down to town for the dentist.

Now the clouds are looking Very Black Indeed, though nothing's transpired so far.

And 6 more black binbags of crap got collected this morning.

Almost there.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 February 2019, 16:37.

Comment

Added the ability to provide one dimension, meaning a square, and to specify a colour to the image placeholder thing

So for example an HTTP GET to /123/ff00ff will get you a magenta square:

while using a named colour, such as /456x123/rebeccapurple will get you

and not specifying a colour, e.g. /456x123, just uses a shade of grey:

Next: adding a text label so you can see what size it is

Comment

and not specifying a colour, e.g. /456x123, just uses a shade of grey
            Add 49 more. MS will like that!
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Add 49 more. MS will like that!
              I have vague memories of a post exploring the RGB version of the novel, but my search skills fail me.

Comment

Tea/dinner was lentil <pfffft> soup.

The evening's entertainment was provided by "TBBT" and "Bridge of Spies (2015)" with Tom Hanks and Mark Rylance.

Bridge of Spies (2015) - IMDb

It was very good.

Comment

I had an offer on my M&S Sparks card good for 20% off a whole chicken. The best one they had when I was in there earlier was a free range one which was already yellow-stickered; so tonight's meal has been a rather large roast chicken dinner, and exceedingly nice it was

For the record, it was accompanied by some more of the Australian ambulance thing on iPlayer

It's raining fairly steadily out, though not too heavily, and has been for several hours. Undaunted, I have taken forth the recycling bin, for tomorrow is bin day.

And with that all done, and this working:

I shall now settle down to watch a film or something

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    The evening's entertainment was provided by "TBBT" and "Bridge of Spies (2015)" with Tom Hanks and Mark Rylance.

Bridge of Spies (2015) - IMDb

It was very good.
                    I liked that one

Tonight's film here was The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997), which was basically just more of the same with a distinct element of "We've spent a lot on this animatronic T. Rex head, let's get our money's worth by having as many close-ups of it looking sideways at something as we can possibly manage". It felt like about a third of the film was that thing looking through a door or a window at someone

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Misty.

Hazy.

Damp.

Dank.

Dreary.

It would be drizzly if it could summon up enough enthusiasm.

Good to see the weather's getting itself unborked.

Friday.

Comment

Working...
                      X