• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three-sausage bap (wholemeal) with red sauce for lunch. Very, very nice indeed

Comment

Small puds cooked and cooled. Smelling and looking very good

Just time for a cuppa before the big one needs to come off the heat. Let that cool as well and then all into a cool dark cupboard for a few weeks.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Tea, aka "dinner", this evening was a portion of poached salmon (Morrisons, reduced), with two kippered mackerel (Morrisons, reduced), followed by the remains of the tinned peaches (BBE 2014) with custard.

The evening's entertainment was provided by a region 1 dvd of "Grosse Point Blank(1997)" with John Cusack & Minnie Driver.

Once I'd found the player that plays region 1 dvds it was ready to go, at which time I discovered I'd watched The Other DVD (region 2) relatively recently.

Grosse Pointe Blank (1997) - IMDb

There wasn't much in the way of extras & the aspect ratio was odd so I set the tv to 4:3 so people looked right, though there were black bars all around the picture.

Plus that player has a zapper with buttons so small I have to put my glasses on to figure out what they do.

TFBSZ.

It felt very cold and a bit like snow on the stagger up to the bus stop this evening & the gritters have been out, though the rain will probably make that a bit futile.

I thought I'd bought a copy of "Ebenezer", being the Jack Palance version of "A Christmas Carol".

But I can't find it so I must have left it where it was and not bothered.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

lunch Pea & mint soup as advertised plus Polski Sikh Sklep bread. Very nice.

Dinner Steak + widney pie + chips with Garlic+chilli sauce.

Salvage hunters Drew + railway / castle bits, Combat Dealers Bruce builds a tank, then Interesting wings of war (helicopters) tonight.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tonight's tea has been the other half of the duck from Sunday, one again with all the trimmings; it seems foolish to have loads of duck fat and not roast potatoes in it whenever there's an excuse

Comment

Tonight's big feature was Prometheus (2012), which I watched a couple of years ago, but this time it was in 4K

It has its flaws, but it's nowhere near as bad as the Alien obsessives make out, presumably when they're taking time out from complaining about something to do with a new Star Wars film

Goodnight all

Comment

it's still dark so the weather is unknown

but it was 4 degrees this morning in the car which is the coldest so far

:zzz:

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Tonight's big feature was Prometheus (2012), which I watched a couple of years ago, but this time it was in 4K

It has its flaws, but it's nowhere near as bad as the Alien obsessives make out, presumably when they're taking time out from complaining about something to do with a new Star Wars film

Goodnight all
                  Another film (of which I have the dvd and the bluray) which got turned off after about 10 minutes or so.

Morning.

Dry.

Whilst cold not so raw as yesterday evening.

Misty.

Calm.

Signs that there might be a sun arising somewhere in the murk over Margam.

I brought one of those funny book things in today.

It's "Principles of Radio Engineering" by R. S. Glasgow, published 1936, in the McGraw Hill Black hardback Electrical Engineering series.

It's a vain attempt to prove to myself I can still do j notation and complex numbers and such like.

After yesterday's abject failure.

It was about 15 deg in the living room, whilst the laundry room was down to 5.1 deg.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Snow on the hill overnight. Not enough to make a massive difference, but there are white bits out there.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Morning all

Snow on the hill overnight. Not enough to make a massive difference, but there are white bits out there.
                      First snow of the year on Snake Pass yesterday.

Snake Pass Snow

Cue dodgy GoT/Winter is Coming memes
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X