• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I need to go to the chemist to collect my monthly prescription at some point
    And so it came to pass. It's only seven or eight minutes away on foot, but it's also raining steadily with a bitter wind out there, so I took the car

Feeling rather rough after the exertion, but I don't think I need to go out any more today so I'm hunkering down now.

Comment

And so it came to pass. It's only seven or eight minutes away on foot, but it's also raining steadily with a bitter wind out there, so I took the car

Feeling rather rough after the exertion, but I don't think I need to go out any more today so I'm hunkering down now.
      Very wise.

Well there we are.

Two vacuum cleaners, one that couldn't suck the skin off a rice pudding, the other that sucks ok and filters nothing so the cement dust just goes straight fecking through. I wonder what it's done to the motor.

I can feel a trip to the dump coming on.

Total crap compared with my Vaxen.

And very probably expensive crap too.

So much for Samsung and Toshiba.

Crap crap crap, though it must be observed that the duster
      stuck in one of them probably didn't help and feck nose whence Strangelove Mater managed to vacuum up the foam from that was blocking up the pipe on the other one.

I couldn't understand why the place was getting so misty until I saw the dust going straight through the damn thing.

Ho hum.

I don't suppose being stuck in a damp garage for 8 months has improved either.

There's a Hoover Junior down there too.

I may try that tomorrow.

<hiatus>

Tea/dinner/brunch/lunch/breakfast was kipper fillets (Morrisons reduced), M&S breaded haddock.

It was quite nice but the combination of a lurgie and no NaCl meant that flavour in the bit that wasn't kippered seemed a trifle lacking.

Looking on the bright side, the place may well stink of kippers but I can't smell it at the moment.

I need a toddy.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 December 2018, 19:11.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

This lurgy isn't getting any better. Worse, if anything; achy limbs now, and my stomach seems a little discontented

And it's still raining

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

I need a toddy.
          In answer to your question which i saw no way to answer in rep msgs.
          a bolide from the belt at <>3000Kps would probably do it.

and it's TODDY, - fixes everything it does, - honest

Comment

Upgraded the duvet to both parts, giving a blistering 13bhptog.

It can get a tad chilly in here overnight, what with no heating, and I can do without that at the moment

Comment

This lurgy isn't getting any better. Worse, if anything; achy limbs now, and my stomach seems a little discontented

And it's still raining

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              In answer to your question which i saw no way to answer in rep msgs.
              a bolide from the belt at <>3000Kps would probably do it.

and it's TODDY, - fixes everything it does, - honest
              WBR14S.

Fecked if I can remember what the rep msg was about now.

Upgraded the duvet to both parts, giving a blistering 13bhptog.

It can get a tad chilly in here overnight, what with no heating, and I can do without that at the moment
              I've got an electric overblanket.

Currently watching "Colombiana" with Zoe Saldana.

Colombiana (2011) - IMDb

With a brief intermission for the weather thing on ITV.

And very good it was too.

In essence, a continuation of "Leon" but rewritten to get around copyright.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 December 2018, 23:12.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

WBR14S.

Fecked if I can remember what the rep msg was about now.

gravel, half bricks or boulders, - or something along those lines

Comment

Roast pork with the trimmings for tea, mainly because the pork needed to be cooked; and very nice it was

Comment

I've got an electric overblanket.
                    Same, but it's packed away somewhere and would probably take me at least an hour to dig out, and the same to put stuff back again - well, allowing for taking a load of said stuff to the tip or wherever

I might just buy a new one, but it seems a waste when I know there's one just sitting there

Comment

Busy out just now as there's been football. Looks like the new kebab place picked up a bit of passing trade

Comment

Working...
                      X