• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roasted some chicken thighs, a couple of which fresh out of the oven made a delicious lunch

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Grey rainy day here
      Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      Afternoon all
      grey and damp here, too.
      Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Afternoon all.

Wet and miserable here. Lashing rain since the early hours.
      Sun's out.

So I'm in here doing the cleaning & cooking the next batch of spag bol for the freezer and tea this evening.

It's extra oniony and a hint of chili added to the jar of Dolmio tomatoey goodness.

I could have used one of the tins of tomatoes left by the late Strangelove Mater, but that's expecting a bit much really.

Defrosted the mince (which appears to date from sometime in 2016) in the microwave defrosting machine before frying the onions & then frying the mince until it went a convincing brown colour.

I should be doing some gardening, but somehow I just can't be arsed, so I washed the "kitchen" floor and the laundry room floor.

It's quite nice out there at the moment so I'm off for a stroll down the garden to inspect the state of the estate following the tumultuous events of the last couple of days.

Have I mentioned that the Sun's out?

Yes, the sun has got his hat on, hip hip hip hooray, the sun has got his hat on & he's coming out to play.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Sun's out.

Comment

Had a nice wander down the garden to the canal bank since it's sunny, like.

The river level has decreased a lot (even though the tide's out) and the current in the canal has reduced a lot.

I think the water's gone down a bit in the canal too.

The garage seems to have survived without any problems that are immediately obvious.

The shed seems ok too.

Comment

Thought that ep of Who was rather betterer than last week's.

Looks like last week's big bad is the season big bad from a reading of the runes.

Currently watching some septic nutjobs hand forging knives out of assorted bits of scrap, whilst waiting for the Oak Island nutjob programme to start at 21:00.

When I said "hand forging" I was a tad mistaken.

One of them has a "steam" hammer.

I think I'll watch the gun nutjobs on the Forces channel, it may be more interesting.

<hiatus>

And it's the Oak Island nutjobs doing their crazy thing.

They're spending $CDN2M on the latest idiocy.

<hiatus>

Now watching "American Lawmen" on PBS.

All about Jelly Bryce.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 October 2018, 21:55.

Comment

Sunday dinner has been breast of lamb, cooked according to this recipe with minor variations (primarily browning the lamb for about twenty minutes with the oven turned up to 6 after the initial four hours on low), with the usual trimmings; and it was pretty nice

The red wine went to making gravy, rather than whatever he does.

Full now

It's still raining a little bit out there. Apparently it'll continue off and on through the night

Comment

Early night for me!

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Monday again.

Dark.

Weather undetermined.

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Good morning all

Day 31 of permydom.

Still dark in Bolton on't 'ill.

10 minute commute this morning - which is nice!

Payday today - which is nice!

Another big chunk into my pension - which is nicerer!

Have a good day all!
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Morning.

I think it's morning coz the black has gradually turned to grey.

What might be confused with the sun is actually a big light on a tower just across the dock.

Sunless.

Dry. Ish.

Intermittent drizzle.

Warmish.

UnWindy.

Or as UnWindy as it's likely to get down here.

Comment

Working...
                      X