• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This evening's entertainment started with The Sweeney, which I also watched yesterday but forgot to mention. I'm attempting to watch the whole thing from the beginning again, and it really is very good, at least in these early days

After that, a film: The Journey (2016), being a dramatised account of Ian Paisley and Martin McGuinness taking a car and plane journey together during the 2006 peace talks at St. Andrews, which is credited with them finding a way to work together on the peace accord and ultimately becoming great friends and colleagues.

It's not a documentary by any stretch of the imagination, but with excellent performances by Timothy Spall as Paisley and Colm Meaney as McGuinness, that doesn't matter in the slightest. It's a good film, and worth a watch IMHO.

And after that, the final episode of Fargo S2. I enjoyed that series (or season)

The police helicopter - or, at least, a helicopter - is buzzing about outside a lot. Quite low too, at times; they must be after someone.

Goodnight all

Comment

16.1 in here, 10.3 min in the laundry room, 10.4 currently.

Expecting snow shortly.

Brrrrr.

<hiatus>

This fecking network tulipe is driving I

I must get around to watching the Sweeney sometime.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 September 2018, 07:32.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all!

Day 9 of Permydom!

Low cloud, Bolton on't 'll - which is nice!

Last minute code changes - FFS!

First salary tomorrow! That should be fun!

Have a good day!
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Morning all
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Turns out I've been conned by some phishing site or other.

Ho very hum.

With all the weird tulipe that comes with this new network it's hardly surprising really.

Can't tell what's real & what's not any more.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tomorrow is lentil <pffffft> soup day
              I miss old zeity.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                I miss old zeity.
                An L42A1 would be my weapon of choice from a suitable grassy knoll!
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Quite sunny and Simpsonesque out

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    An L42A1 would be my weapon of choice from a suitable grassy knoll!
                    L7A2 for me, preferably, from anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      L7A2 for me, preferably, from anywhere.
                      Take off and nuke 'em from space. Its the only way to be sure.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X