• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    What's even betterer was the compliments paid on the walls i've plastered with the offer of work should I find myself at a loose end anytime. Not that i'd be quick enough to make anything of it but still.. <preen>
    No one has even complimented me on my diy, other than someone who said that the welding work on my long gone Mk II Granada was very neat.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Sunny, cloudy warm ish in Manchester.

other than that absolutely nothing is worth talking about

Comment

Morning denizens

Rain overnight, but it's back to patchy cloud now

Temperature in here is 20.7°C at the moment

Waiting for a delivery. At least nowadays that involves refreshing a web page to see where the little lorry icon has got to on a map, rather than straining to hear a faint knock at the front door some time between 0800 and 1700

Comment

The lorry icon's been stuck in the same place for half-an-hour, up on one of the dodgier housing estates. I wonder if the driver's been kidnapped?

The hardware shop over the road hasn't opened today.

And work is proceeding in earnest on the defunct pizza place: the whole shopfront has been taken out, and there's much drilling and banging going on.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            The lorry icon's been stuck in the same place for half-an-hour, up on one of the dodgier housing estates. I wonder if the driver's been kidnapped?
            Apparently not: he's a few streets away now

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Didn't go to my favourite mushroom patches as the mushrooms will be slimy this morning and need to dry out a bit, but still got a few just walking along another path.
              I must ask, I read these and think "I'm sure WTFH knows what's what", but how do you avoid poisoning yourself here, or is it quite easy once you know how?

Comment

Royal Mail taking things to a new level by delivering a letter for the similarly-named road a couple of miles away that's also for the house next door to the one with the same number as ours, so should therefore have been misdelivered to the doctor's

Comment

Good afternoon all!

Day 8 of Permydom
                  In sunny(not really sunny but it's not raining - yet) Bolton on't 'ill!

Spent the morning sorting out my laptop issues - which was nice.

Now to get some real work done!
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Parcel arrived, just in time for lunch

Comment

Pies look good! mmm

My lunch will be taken late due to meetings n stuff...

I feel like being really fat so may go to the nearby food hall for some greasy fast food...

Comment

Working...
                      X