• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to install an openstreetmap library. I've ended up having to download four separate libraries from GitHub and build them all, as none of them will work properly with the others if installed using Homebrew. My MacBook Air currently sounds like a hovercraft as it builds the fourth one

And none of these are even the one I was originally trying to install… for all I know, that still won't work after all this

Comment

After building one huge library three times before I finally got the correct configuration sorted out (at ~40 minutes per build), I was finally able to try to build the one I wanted.

I then ended up doing insane stuff like single-stepping through the build script, which allowed me to discover certain undocumented environment variables that would make it find the stuff it was looking for in all the wrong places… and it works!

Except I need to build the huge thing again and put it somewhere else, as otherwise I need to add the environment variables to my system permanently

Anyway, that's quite enough of that for one day

Goodnight all

Comment

18.4 in here, with a current min of 17.6 in the laundry room.

Wet.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dreadful.

I hate November.

<hiatus>

Gosh.

That busdriver was either full throttle or max braking.

It made an already rough ride even rougher.

It's horizontal drizzling at the moment.

Quite how bad it gets when it's really raining is yet to be determined.

By the time I'd got from the bus stop to "work", I couldn't see through my glasses. :

Memo to self: bring some paper towels in tomorrow.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 September 2018, 06:53.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
          Windy and overcast this morning. 350g of ceps picked, most of which will be eaten fresh tonight in omelettes.

Of course, anything over about 50g of ceps and they have a lentil effect. Pffft... But a very pungent lentil effect.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey, damp day out there

The rain seems to have stopped for now, though it comes and goes.

Comment

The mist has cleared sufficiently for me to view the murk being emitted by Margam.

I'm not entirely convinced that This is A Good Thing. <- wot Margam does best only orange.

The usual hour or so of clearpass screwing up network access has come and gone.

If someone doesn't fix this soon I'll be bringing the glock to work.

Comment

Morning All!

Day 7 of Permydom - Worcester office, raining.

Leisurely breakfast at the hotel.

Working until 6pm and then home James as fast as the M6 will allow.

Bolton on't 'ill tomorrow - which is nice!
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Wonder of wonders, some sparky oiks have looked in the lab.

No good shall come of this.

Comment

Can't decide what to have for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Can't decide what to have for lunch
                      Problem solved: sliced turkey in a wholemeal bap, with a bag of plain crisps

Comment

Working...
                      X