• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currently showing a temperature of 17.4 degrees in the livingroom, 13.9 in the laundry room with an overnight min of 13.4.

It's as grey as grey might be with added greyness just in case the original grey wasn't grey enough.

However one can see the other side of the valley despite the ongoing deluge.

Just as well I cut the lawns yesterday coz I certainly won't be today.

The fall of apples seems to be nearing its end, thankfully.

My back will be eternally grateful.

Plus the ibuprofen seems necessary again today.

Roast shoulder of lamb for lunch.

I don't think I'll buy it again.

Rather too fatty for my taste, I prefer leg.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Tonight's opening feature was A Walk Among the Tombstones (2014), in which Liam Neeson plays an alcoholic ex-cop who takes on some bad people.
    I haven't yet got over the shock of realising that "The Other Man" was a comedy of manners or some such & he was playing a software engineer FFS.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 August 2018, 07:41.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all Early dog walk was the best of the day, it looks like a storm is blowing in. Supposed to be playing cricket at 1.30pm, can't see that happening.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey, rainy day out there today

The living room is being reported as 21°C - a new low since the hot spell drew to an end

Though there may have been lower temperatures that weren't observed.

Comment

The living room is being reported as 21°C - a new low since the hot spell drew to an end

Though there may have been lower temperatures that weren't observed.
          Obviously some sort of datalogging device is required.

Sunday luch, as indicated ^ was roast shoulder of lamb.

It got very thoroughly roasted at a much higher temperature than I'd usually use and turned out rather well.

Even the gravy was spectacularly unlumpy for a change.

Now sitting down drinking my tea whilst looking out of the living room window at the continuing deluge.

Whereas previously the other side of the valley was visible, now it seems to have disappeared.

The lackadaisical running of the vac over the house has occurred.

It still seems very odd to only clean one house.

Not that this one is clean since one can scarcely move in here for all the collected junk.

Livingroom temp is now at a dizzying 18.8.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 August 2018, 12:19.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Sunday brunch consisted of sausages <for the time honoured reason>

Inna Bun.

with HP sauce.

and very nice too.

Comment

And now I'm mucking about creating a Chef cookbook to configure an OpenStreetMap tileserver, as one does
              So the Chef cookbook works but the timeserver doesn't, because the library that powers it is Python 2, and I naturally set the server up with Python 3

It's not a problem changing to Python 2, but it's a bit weird to have to go back to it. There's an ongoing effort to update the library to Python 3 in the GitHub issues; I may even have a look and see if there's anything I can fix, thereby becoming an open source contributor

Comment

Roast pork and apple sauce in a wholemeal bap, along with a bag of plain crisps, for lunch

Comment

Cricket cancelled due to some bloke called Noah anchoring his ark at the cricket pitch. On the bright side, a cask of Firebird “Two Horses” was provided for those who turned up.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Odd day today,.

Having had little to no sleep last night due to an unofficial Rave kicking off at a disused colliery a couple of miles away we finally gave up and go up at about 05:30 this morning.

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/n...-wakes-1939489

We eventually decided just to bugger off for the day as the music was so bad you could still hear in indoors with the dots and windows closed.

Ended up in Great Yarmouth for some reason. I think the rave would have been preferable. For those who have not been, think Blackpool without the charm and sophistication. In the rain.

Got back home about 30 minutes ago and the music is still going.

Alchohol is going to be required.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Foolishly didn't check the forecast before going out on my bike.

Wet, windy, cold and hilly. 'Orrible with a capital O.

Comment

Working...
                      X