• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple's market capitalisation (or something like that, I'm not an economist) reached a trillion dollars, and a fairly well-known developer on Twitter wondered if the Stocks app on old iPhones would display it correctly. So I hauled out my old iPhone 3GS running iOS 6, charged the battery, found that it would, and replied with a screenshot.

Now it keeps getting liked and retweeted by Apple fans (mainly developers) and my phone has been bleeping away with notifications like a mad thing. It's settling down to one every couple of minutes now, but it was about five a minute at the height of it an hour or so ago

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      That's sparky type work, nothing to do with me, I'm from Barcelona.

I'm not really supposed to put 13A BS1363 plugs onto stuff.

I suspect that all that will happen is that a 6 way plug block will get connected to an industrial plug & that'll get plugged into the socket.

It's getting too late in the day for anything else.

But I suspect it really is an "Oh Dear(tm)".
      i suspect if you connect a normal 240V 13A plug to a 32A 3 phase socket, you'll be
      Bommed, and not in a good way

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Apple's market capitalisation (or something like that, I'm not an economist) reached a trillion dollars, and a fairly well-known developer on Twitter wondered if the Stocks app on old iPhones would display it correctly. So I hauled out my old iPhone 3GS running iOS 6, charged the battery, found that it would, and replied with a screenshot.

Now it keeps getting liked and retweeted by Apple fans (mainly developers) and my phone has been bleeping away with notifications like a mad thing. It's settling down to one every couple of minutes now, but it was about five a minute at the height of it an hour or so ago
        the only i-thing i tolerate in my life, is an i-Ron, and that gets used rarely

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          i suspect if you connect a normal 240V 13A plug to a 32A 3 phase socket, you'll be
          Bommed, and not in a good way
          Only if you connect it phase to phase.

Phase & neutral is simple 240V (actually 230V "nominal").

So you could connect 3 x 6 13A socket strips to the one 3 phase plug.

Sounds ever so safe to me.

Feck nose who specified all this, but I have my suspicions.

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          the only i-thing i tolerate in my life, is an i-Ron, and that gets used rarely
          I think I've got one somewhere but I have no idea quite where it might be.

I know where the iRoning board is, but not the iRon.

Correction: I know where some flatiRons are, but without a fire to heat them they're not a lot of use.

Just watched yesterday's ep of "Carter".

The skybox was doing its best to feck it up but managed to survive long enough to allow me to see it all.

I'll bet that it dies a death during "Low Winter Sun" this evening.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 August 2018, 18:50.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            ).

So you could connect 3 x 6 13A socket strips to the one 3 phase plug.

Sounds ever so safe to me.

Reminds me of a roady who put a 4 inch nail into a 3 phase fuseway.
            i buggered off sharpish when he reached for the mains switch.
            blew himself across the room.
            no injuries though (probably due to his inebriated condition), apart from serious burns to his iron maiden t shirt

I know where the iRoning board is, but not the iRon.

Correction: I know where some flatiRons are, but without a fire to heat them they're not a lot of use.

Just watched yesterday's ep of "Carter".

The skybox was doing its best to feck it up but managed to survive long enough to allow me to see it all.

I'll bet that it dies a death during "Low Winter Sun" this evening.

Comment

Well that's E10 of "Low Winter Sun" recorded.

Now recording the same thing off +1 in case the box went tits up at random intervals.

Caught the last 20 mins of S1E4 of "Person of Interest".

I like that ep.

S1 is quite fun, though the introduction of Root does spice stuff up a bit for S2.

The "Callan" film from 1974 is on True Movies at the moment.

A much much harder version of "The Equaliser".

No one fecked with Callan.

Not even Toby Meres.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight's tea, in the ongoing soft food saga, has been scouse with a couple of slices of soft white bread; and very nice it was too

Wonder how long I have to nurture this damn space in my mouth for? Googling leads to all kinds of conflicting advice, ranging from a couple of days (which is clearly too soon) to a couple of weeks (which is clearly too long). I suppose I'll just somehow know when it's ready for chewing again; I've managed in the past without thinking about it too much, which is probably why I can't remember how long it took

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Tonight's tea, in the ongoing soft food saga, has been scouse with a couple of slices of soft white bread; and very nice it was too
                  Oh, and this was accompanied by the start of the BBC's thing about the mysterious death of celebrity boxer Freddie Mills in Soho back in 1965, available on iPlayer now and quite interesting so far

Comment

strip steak & salad yummy!

washed down with a nice cabernet!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

More 1980s cinema this evening: Commando (1985), being an Arnold Schwarzenegger vehicle that I'd never seen before. Pretty silly in parts, with some exceptionally unrealistic stunts and combat scenes, but enjoyable enough if you accept it on its own terms

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X