• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

I wonder if I'll last until Easter.

Baaaaastaaaaard!

I have to keep paying Employee NI until State Pension Age, not 65.

So that's fecking July then.
    not if you stop working

Comment

Pave au poivre vert for dinner.

inna bun

wiv lots of butter

can't be arsed cooking in this heat

Comment

Some pasta, washed down with a G&T, followed with a glass of Barbera d’Asti. Might go and get another one before the lounge closes.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Some pasta, washed down with a G&T, followed with a glass of Barbera d’Asti. Might go and get another one before the lounge closes.
          My lounge only closes when i want it to

Comment

Bloody flight is full. Good job BA upgraded me

Comment

Chinese leftovers for dinner. To wit: some crispy duck and three pancakes; and some beef chow mein, which was given a quick stir-fry with some light soy sauce

All nice enough, but it turned out there was less left than I thought, so I might be having a snack later

Comment

This evening's rather odd epic, following on from the specials on "The Mexican" was "My House in Umbria".

Very strange.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0323332/
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight, having realised that the only one of the TNG era films I'd seen was Star Trek: First Contact, I set out to rectify this by watching Star Trek: Generations (1994) (now rebadged as Star Trek VII: Generations (1994) as people were losing count, or something).

It's not very good. I believe a general rule is that odd-numbered Trek films are the lemons and even-numbered the good, and this one bears out that theory (as does the excellence of First Contact). It fails in its mission in too many ways to list, but in particular they do that thing of having Data develop a sense of humour, and that's always a mistake as their scriptwriters are rubbish at humour, and definitely not good enough to pull off bad humour. The scenes in question were reminiscent of those awkward moments when senior Apple executives try to pretend they're having an unrehearsed jokey conversation on stage at one of their big product announcements, though at least we didn't all end up with an unwanted U2 album

Malcolm McDowell was OK as the mad scientist though - a role not too different from that of Mick Travis in If…. with which his film career began

After that I fancied something a bit more coherent, so I watched another episode of Fargo S2. The plot thickens…

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Tonight, having realised that the only one of the TNG era films I'd seen was Star Trek: First Contact, I set out to rectify this by watching Star Trek: Generations (1994) (now rebadged as Star Trek VII: Generations (1994) as people were losing count, or something).
                    Surely the End of The Wig Wearing War Criminal makes up for a lot.

The train, as is only right having been on time yesterday, is delayed by 15 minutes this morning.

However it was blessed with two carriages.

Which spread out the numerous bikes & perambulators quite nicely.

Oh how I shall miss this.

The overwhelming greyness extends to the extent of only just being able to see the other side of the valley boyo.

It's vaguely and halfheartedly drizzly too.

Temperature in the living room is 21.6, whilst the min temp in the laundry room was 18.6.

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    not if you stop working
                    I stopped working years ago.

This is merely masochism.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 August 2018, 07:23.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all Raining in Glasgow.

Watched Imperium https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4781612/ last night (currently on BBC iPlayer). Won’t appeal to some on here, but I found it a fairly good drama.

Comment

Working...
                      X