• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Me too.

The tigers will have to stay in the hedges.

Today's first feature was "Now you see me" with Sir Michael Caine and Morgan "The Voice of Go" Freeman, plus some other nonentities.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1670345/

I thought it rather good.

Tea has comprised a steak & kidney pie with Heinz Baked Beans, followed by the predicted custard with added stewed blackberries.
    Watched that a bit ago - I thought it was quite entertaining too

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      I cycled 35 warm miles. Then fell asleep.

Did some laundry (a good drying day!)

Now drinking cider while child#2 peels potatoes.
      I'm still sidling around the clothes horse in the kitchen, moving it when I want to get in the fridge then having to move it back again, all because I can't be bothered to take the clothes off it even though they've been dry all day

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I'm still sidling around the clothes horse in the kitchen, moving it when I want to get in the fridge then having to move it back again, all because I can't be bothered to take the clothes off it even though they've been dry all day
        My dining room is similarly afflicted from when it rained last weekend. I am optimistic that within 6 weeks all the clothes will have been recycled.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Too hot to do anything today

Not that I was expecting to do anything today
          cleaned some weed off the pond <more of an ornamental ditch> in the garden, and found myself to be the custodian of five goldfish!
          they haven't been fed by human hand for about a year, or had the pump turned on, but they're quite spritely.

i do prefer cats as pets though, fish are pretty boring.
          less humid today,so curry <from the freezer> for dinner, rather nice too, it was

Comment

Hedges cut.

Apples picked up and 10 or 12 builders bucketsful taken to the compost heap.

It annoyed the wasps.

But they're not quite in the legless "I can fly, I know I can fly, all I have to do is buzz a bit and get on my feet and fly" sort of drunken state that will arrive in a week or two.

And it's quite overcast now, in fact it's looking quite threatening over Drummau.

After which, for some insane reason, I decided to watch "The Mexican" with Brad Pitt, James Gandolfini, Julia Roberts.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0236493/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

I can't have been in the right mood coz it seemed interminable.

I liked the dog & Mr Gandolfini, who acted the rest of them off the screen.

And I could have done without the Julia Roberts harpy bits quite well.

And, judging by the reviews, I'm not alone in that opinion.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 August 2018, 09:18.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Chicken korma with the usual bits for tea

There's only a few more curries, stews, and so forth left in the freezer now.

Comment

Anyone watching the Ed Balls Trump thing? Quite insightful (last week), this week more about guns and stuff, but Ed gets tazered so worth a watch.

We talk about Hungerford decades later. It's BAU over there.

Comment

I did try to tidy up earlier 2 1 tonne bags filled with ivy & virginia creeper only 4-5 to go.

Breakfast egges, mushroom + tomato

lunch cheese & tomato on brown bread

dinner
                  roast bacon joint ala tesco + brie ala morrisons

last meal washed down with a nice Kumala Red.

ASTB
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tonight's film was The Sting (1973), which you may remember as having caused a minor craze for the music of Scott Joplin around the time it came out. Very entertaining, with a number of elegant twists in the tale

I know I've seen it before some time but I didn't really remember it at all; it's entirely possible that time was Christmas Day 1979, so perhaps it's not too surprising if my memory has faded somewhat

Goodnight all

Comment

Saw "The Sting" in the kinema back in the day.

Presumably on its first run.

And I've got the Scott Joplin LPs somewhere, unplayed since about 1978.

22.2 deg in the living room, 21.6 deg in the laundry room.

Quite unpleasantly close & warm overnight.

Not overly pleased to be woken at 06:02.

It's as grey as a grey thing out there today, 10 10ths grey overcast.

Not raining.

Yet.

There appear to be trains today, their lateness is yet to be determined.

Said train was, in fact, on time, with two carriages, of Class 150.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 August 2018, 09:16.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X