• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      In the Chinese
      And very nice it was, as always

Comment

Today's final epic was "City by the sea" with that Robert De Niro and that Francis McDormand.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0269095/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

It was rather good in its way.

But then, with a cast like that it ought to be.

http://www.maryellenmark.com/text/ma...E-000-012.html

Now watching some lunes attempting to find treasure on Oak Island.

A futile idea if I ever saw one.

It's on "Blaze".

And all they've managed to do is extract a lot of rusty pipe.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 August 2018, 22:11.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight's opening feature was a rewatch of The Sum of All Fears (2002) in which Jack Ryan, having been something like Deputy Director of the CIA when I watched him at work last week, has somehow changed his face and age and everything else about his life and become a junior employee of that agency. Rather odd how that happened, but it's all good clean fun

And to follow: Deadpool (2016). This is something to do with the Marvel comics franchise and it's clear that it's aimed at its aficionados, of which I am not one; The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers is the only comic series I've ever bothered reading in its entirety. But even though I'm not one of the blessed, I thought this was tremendous fun and well worth a watch. It deliberately sets out to make fun of itself ("Go talk to him, maybe it'll move the plot along") and does a really good job of that while also telling its story with panache; and that's not a word I use very often. +1, would watch again just to catch any good jokes it makes about itself that I missed the first time

And to round things off, a further episode of both Fargo S2 and The Good Place S1.

Goodnight all

Comment

Tonight's opening feature was a rewatch of The Sum of All Fears (2002) in which Jack Ryan, having been something like Deputy Director of the CIA when I watched him at work last week, has somehow changed his face and age and everything else about his life and become a junior employee of that agency. Rather odd how that happened, but it's all good clean fun
            I enjpyed that too. The Presence of The Voice of God added greatly thereto.

Oddly, it would appear that "The Contract" was straight to dvd, which I find a bit curious since I've watched far worse that had a kinematic release.

One commenter criticises it's "linear story telling".

It's a fecking chase. WTF do you expect?

And you've got The Voice of God climbing down cliffs & such like.

The temperature in the living room is currently 21.6, whilst in the laundry room it's gone down from 26 deg to a mere 18.6 deg.

Sun's out.

High cloud.

Forecast hotness.

I suppose I'd better start the Sunday lunch prep soon.

I may go shopping this morning rather than this afternoon to avoid the unpleasant hotness.

<taps screen>

It's 23.2 in the living room now.

The wireless just went <click> as the repeat of the last episode of that so called "comedy" is broadcast.

Thankfully "Just a minute" is back tomorrow.

I seem to recall that Jonathon Woss was on it a couple of times.

Happily he's never reappeared.

Lunch is another shoulder of lamb, which I've managed to cut into two pieces since it's rather large & I really don't want to be eating lamb all fecking week.

There's a stuffed heart in there too for good measure, and ace gravy.

If I had the milk there'd be stewed blackberries and custard to follow, but I don't so there isn't.

I shall have it with my tea instead.

The lackluster & half hearted weekly vac is over & done.

It keeps a few of the moths down.

I suppose this afternoon will be taken up with yet more shopping, along with The Cutting of The Hedges.

Happily there's only two these days rather than the 100 yds of blackthorn that used to grace the back garden.

Privet is easier to deal with and doesn't, specifically in general, give you the opportunity to acquire septicaemia.

The poppety ping just went ping so I'll be back.

Shortly.

I'm vaguely interested to see that there are no trains between Neath & Swansea at the moment.

I'm glad I don't give a tulipe

The roast shoulder of lamb was okish.

It's a bit fatty for my taste, I prefer a leg.

I think I've had enough lamb's hearts for a while.

And there we are, the Sunday shoppe done & dusted.

Fridge is now full to bursting.

Sky is totally Simpsonsesque again, rather than blue or grey from horizon to horizon.

And it's too darn hot again.

I suspect the cutting of the hedges will have to wait until later.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 August 2018, 14:16. Reason: Apostrophe added to indicate there's only one sun in this system

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Warm and sunny again

Comment

Afternoon all.

Back from a weekend's of anniversary shenanigans with the present MrsB.

A very pleasant afternoon / evening spent perusing the real ale establishments of Leeds, of which there are a good number, followed but a very good meal at a very nice Tapas restaurant courtesy of a recommendation from SimonMac.

now.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Too hot to do anything today

Not that I was expecting to do anything today

Comment

Me too.

The tigers will have to stay in the hedges.

Today's first feature was "Now you see me" with Sir Michael Caine and Morgan "The Voice of Go" Freeman, plus some other nonentities.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1670345/

I thought it rather good.

Tea has comprised a steak & kidney pie with Heinz Baked Beans, followed by the predicted custard with added stewed blackberries.

Comment

I cycled 35 warm miles. Then fell asleep.

Did some laundry (a good drying day!)

Now drinking cider while child#2 peels potatoes.

Comment

Working...
                      X