• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    I am gonna jump on the Fleetwood band wagon what with me spending loads of holidays in the 70's and early 80's in their because my dads mum n dad lived there.

As for Cleveleys - last one out turn the light off.

Went to Lytham the other year - and yes some decent eateries there.
    Nothing wrong with Fleetwood, didn't see any negatives aside from the potential warning bells of a few shops abandoning Freeport.
    I'd need to explore it a bit more but I'd expect it to be better than Cleveleys - not difficult I must say.

I do like Southport, with the main caveat that it's all a bit too scouse.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Eye test done, and a walk up to the chemists for this month's prescription on the way back.

Final verdict: distance glasses need to be a little stronger, reading glasses need to be a little weaker, because I'm getting more nearsighted with age; all very much as expected

On order: new distance sunglass lenses in the old frames as I hardly ever use them; new reading lenses in the old frames as they're fine; new distance lenses of the reduced-mass variety in new frames, as I'm fed up with the old frames. Grand total: £295

Comment

Sounds like a bargain.

I still haven't got over losing £160 of specs on the train home one night.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Sausages in rolls for (late) lunch, as a change from sausage rolls

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Sounds like a bargain.
            Yes, they work out nice and cheap up there

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            I still haven't got over losing £160 of specs on the train home one night.
            Bummer

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Bummer
              Yes it was a bit.

The replacements were only £120.

Tea was a little more of the salmon cut beef from yesterday.

I remembered the horseradish today.

Followed by some ground rice with the inevitable stewed blackberries.

Which was okish.

Back to custard tomorrow.

This evening's entertainment begins with a tribute to Leonard Nimoy, assuming it recorded of PBS this morning.

It's odd how well regarded he is, compared with the other one, The Wig Wearing War Criminal.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Bored with being on the bench.

Rang manager at ex-client co.

Start beginning of September once they bin the guy they got into replace me.

10% rate rise and flexible working.

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Comment

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X