• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And home again.

As the tooth that caused all the problems was still playing up from time to time, he said that the only options were to extract it, or do the root canal treatment all over again in the hope of finally getting the errant nerve. I resisted the temptation to ask what the bloody point of that would be, given that he's made three or four attempts so far, and accepted the extraction; so now that's done

According to the printed advice on dealing with the aftermath of extraction that they gave me, "Strenuous exercise is best avoided for the rest of the day". Pretty much what I planned anyway, but it's nice to see it given the medical seal of approval

Comment

^ Bummer.

After all that torment.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        ^ Bummer.

After all that torment.
        Indeed

The extraction site is now starting to hurt. Luckily I still have plenty of paracetamol in stock from the aftermath of having my chest sawn open

Comment

The wireless went <click> a little later than usual since I couldn't be arsed to get up to turn it off.

Hence I endured at least 5 minutes of this evenng's inanity.

<DrS in "reaching for the AK" mode>

The Good News, such as it is, turns out to be the demise of ISIHAC and the return of "Just a Minute".

This should reduce my blood pressure a bit.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tea was going to be chicken and barley soup, much chewing being inadvisable at the moment. But it turned out I'd eaten the last of it last week

Luckily there was some beef and lentil soup left from February, so I had that. Very nice, it was, though I would have preferred the chicken

The extraction site is still bleeding from time to time. I suspect the anti-platelet medication I've been on since the operation isn't helping

It's Ticagrelor, which is a fairly new one and seems now to be given in preference to Clopidogrel, which I had last time around.

Comment

Oh, and eating was accompanied by more Engineering Disasters: the Minnesota stadium roof collapse that I saw the first few seconds of yesterday; and the rescue of those Chilean miners, which overall I would describe more as an engineering triumph TBH

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Morning denizens

Sunny out, but it's not having too much of an adverse effect on the temperature yet

Off into town for more auditory shenanigans shortly
                i'm doing some of that tomorrow (in a studio)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  The extraction site is still bleeding from time to time. I suspect the anti-platelet medication I've been on since the operation isn't helping

try salt water rinses, 'chew' the saline over the hole - it'll protect from infection too

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    i'm doing some of that tomorrow (in a studio)
                    Don't forget your earplugs

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      try salt water rinses, 'chew' the saline over the hole - it'll protect from infection too
                      The salt water mouthwash is on the list for tomorrow - apparently using it today would risk being counterproductive by washing away the clot before it's properly settled in. Just got to hope it actually does clot overnight

Comment

Working...
                      X