• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's just bad planning really.

No to blame but yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      That's just bad planning really.

No one to blame but our eldest.
      FTFY

We are going to buy her 8 chickens so she has enough eggs when she goes to University!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Morning denizens

Lovely grey day out

Comment

Had a blast round the Fylde coast yesterday and discovered the following:
          Fleetwood - Freeport has renamed itself Affinity and M&S and Ben Sherman are bailing out. Potentially going downhill when it could be improving.
          Had a nice drive down past the rather grand Rossall school, ended up at Cleveleys. Turns out it shuts at 4 on a Sunday, regardless of what the shop hours say! Paid for the 2 hours parking so went in the amusement arcade and watched the enemy enjoy the 2p version of tipping point without the questions. Got bored, wandered off and broke even on the 10p/£5 JP fruit machines. Thank me later for warning that it's a place where you'll feel like you've wasted a visit.
          Carried on south down the coast road - some lovely sea-front properties at Bispham; it's a locale that clearly seems relieved that the better parts of Blackpool's hotel trade border it. Then on into Blackpool itself. What a lovely, kitsch, turd it is. Cheap as chips, but simultaneously capable of rinsing you of hundreds of pounds if you're not careful. We were careful and didn't stop.
          Straight on at Starr Gate and through the dunes of St Annes. Nice enough drive but then you get to Lytham, the Didsbury of the Fylde coast. A lovely town centre, some nice looking eateries and a generally upmarket feel - clearly where the affluent have fled to from Blackpool to leave the effluent behind.

Some more lovely little villages on the way home, like Wrea Green, then back via the A59 and the Rossendale Moors. Lovely evening meal at Owd Betts on Edenfield Road before home. Not cheap, but you're paying the extra to get the extra. That part of the contractor in me will never die.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              Fleetwood - Freeport has renamed itself Affinity and M&S and Ben Sherman are bailing out. Potentially going downhill when it could be improving.
              We went on holiday in Fleetwood several times in the 1960s. Great fish & chips, what with the fish being fresh off the trawler

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                We went on holiday in Fleetwood several times in the 1960s. Great fish & chips, what with the fish being fresh off the trawler
                About the sole (scuse the pun) selling point of Fleetwood.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Off for an eye test in a few minutes, so I'm just cleaning the buildup of crud off the nosepieces of my several pairs of specs

Comment

Off for an eye test in a few minutes, so I'm just cleaning the buildup of crud off the nosepieces of my several pairs of specs
                    I keep old toothbrushes for this eventuality.

I have an eye test next Sunday....

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                      Had a nice drive down past the rather grand Rossall school, ended up at Cleveleys. Nice enough drive but then you get to Lytham, the Didsbury of the Fylde coast. A lovely town centre, some nice looking eateries and a generally upmarket feel - clearly where the affluent have fled to from Blackpool to leave the effluent behind.
                      I am gonna jump on the Fleetwood band wagon what with me spending loads of holidays in the 70's and early 80's in their because my dads mum n dad lived there.

As for Cleveleys - last one out turn the light off.

Went to Lytham the other year - and yes some decent eateries there.

Comment

Working...
                      X