• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home!

Finally. Three hours from Excel

I stopped off at the chip shop on the way home

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      I'm getting too old for this tulipe.

Simple little pic program for an F887 to be programmed via a PICKIT3 (originally) then a PICKIT2 when that didn't work.

That didn't work either.

For some odd reason (probably Esteemed Customer related), the first box I tried to run MPLAB on did very odd things, such as shelling out to another instance when trying to build a project, then complaining bitterly that there were two instances running at the same time.

Being an and dense, I laboured away, even rebooted the box, and it still wouldn't do anything sensible.

In fact it wasn't even running the assembler.

At all.

Moved to another box and lo! verily it goeth like a fecking good 'un.

Well via the now obsolete PicStart Plus programmer, I've yet to try the PicKit2 or 3.

Programs & debugs with the PicKit 2 (obsolete), does nothing sensible with the original PicKit 3, and not much more with a brand new one.

Ho hum.
      i think i sympathise, but it sounds like microprocessor voodoo, and only know mainframe voodo.
      but good luck, anyway

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Home!

Finally. Three hours from Excel

I stopped off at the chip shop on the way home
        Bon appetit

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          Bon appetit
          Thanks, very nice it was

I'm slightly ambivalent about this new (to me; it's about three or four years old) chip shop. The chips are great, and the fish is also top quality, but his batter is a bit on the thin side, which means although it's nice and crisp at the shop, it tends to have gone slightly soft by the time I've carted it home and got it served up.

But the chips are really very good, so I'll persevere for now.

It's in a small part of what used to be Jessops, the camera people's headquarters and flagship store. But they went bust five or six years ago, and most of the premises is now a Tesco Express, with the surplus space divvied up into smaller shops.

Comment

Morning denizens

Bright, sunny start here

No goodnight post last night due to admin's server-changing shenanigans, but I was in bed by 22:15, and feel much better for it - I was absolutely shattered after all the London stuff

Now for the final day at ClientCo, and then I'll have time and energy to start experimenting with some of the amazing ML stuff they showed off at the AWS Summit

Comment

Morning all murky overnight but it cleared on the morning walk and is now a blue sky day
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It's brass monkey weather here.

Definitely cold, windy, and unpleasant.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Petrol station lunch day, due to extra petrol consumption associated with going to That London and back

Although the denizens of ClientCo have apparently been a bit slack about the Friday bacon run over the last few months, somebody stepped up this morning, so I had a sausage and bacon baguette with ketchup. And the team lead paid for it, as a nice gesture on my last day

So I don’t really want any lunch, but whatever; I’ll snack on it later

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    It's brass monkey weather here.

Definitely cold, windy, and unpleasant.
                    With additional rain, hail & murrain of beasts just for fun.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Home, and BENCHED!

Hectic final day, as I had to take a branch from months ago, merge the prod branch into it (which isn't actually what's in production, that being something like prod-final-latest-6) which resulted in vast swathes of merge conflicts, then try to get it all back in one piece

But I got, if not there, then somewhere near enough to there and was released from my indentured servitude about five minutes early

Now to finally relax and think about what to have for dinner

Comment

Working...
                      X