• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suppose I’d better crash ready for all things cloudy on the morrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      You wear snakes on your feet? = that explains a lot
      He’s a slippery character, for sure.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start here, after overnight rain

Just about to head over to Excel for the AWS thing

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Last evening's televisual feast was "Crossfire" a.k.a. "Freelancers", with Bob De Niro (the and was a giveaway really), 50 cent, Forrest Whitaker etc.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1815708...nm_flmg_act_22

I didn't like it much.

Haven't watched the 24 minutes of deleted scenes yet, which probably explain stuff rather more than the 93 minutes of film did.
          Indeed the 24 minutes of deleted scenes explained some otherwise inexplicable stuff, and one of the interviews explained something that I'd totally missed.

It's still a crap film though.

Yesterday evening's Diamond Day trip to B&Q yielded 2m of 40mm pipe, two weldable plastic fitting thingies, and a packet of 3 pipe clips, only one of which is actually required.

Oh, and another 800mm floating shelf for the "kitchen" area.

At this rate I'll have all the pots and pans readily to hand which will make a significant change.

Have I mentioned (checks: no I haven't) that the building oiks next door dropped a ferro concrete hearth out of the middle bedroom window yesterday?

I discovered this when I returned home to find it on my path.

Along with yet more black mortar.

<DS in "getting really really irritated with this" mode>

And I got a letter from the council for some other oik named J*s*n W*bb*r who apparently owes them £1700 for overpaid housing benefit.

Said latter oik lived up the road above the combined vet's & chinese takeaway.

Happily he's never ever lived at my address.

Unless he's in my "Special" basement.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 May 2018, 07:30.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all there was a light overnight shower around 3.30am, but we're back to clear blue skies again.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The security theatre at the AWS Summit has been toned down a bit. After the Westminster and London Bridge malarkey they went full airport, waving metal detector wands around one’s nether regions and what have you. Typical American overreaction. Anyway, they haven’t bothered with all that this year

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

One's lunch today also included a Morrisons pork pie.

It was succulent, just like yesterday's was.

Most toothsome.
                I forgot the pork pie.

Review of "Crossfire/Freelancers" from IMDB:

An Utter Waste of £2.50
                Jeff Turner13 July 2014
                We found this one in the bargain bin, and that's where it should have stayed.

My wife and I started watching this last night, but the utterly ridiculous storyline and script made it impossible to watch to the end. As such I can only review the first 26 minutes of what is by far the worst film I've ever seen.

I've no idea what Robert De Niro and Forest Whitaker were doing in this movie, but presumably they were in desperate need of money. I can imagine that we'll be seeing them both doing ads for haemorrhoid cream, or perhaps even appearing on the shopping channel soon.....

If you like to think that 95% of all policemen are corrupt, and that all white police officers are crass and violent racists, this may be ideal entertainment for you.

Otherwise the only worthwhile reason for watching it, is to laugh at the sight of 50 Cent wearing a policeman's hat (actually I'm sure this can be seen in the trailer, so I'd advise you to save your money!)
                And now the insurance brokers want £75 cancellation fee because the house has been sold.

You really couldn't make this crap up.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 May 2018, 12:34.

Comment

AWS have provided salad for lunch, or as I call it, no lunch

Comment

“Fancy a bite to eat? We have something for every taste” say the signs all down the main concourse at Excel. Well I’ve just walked the entire length of the place and back down the other side, inspecting the innumerable vendors’ establishments along the way, and no they don’t.

I did see a bag of Quavers on a rack at Subway, but there was a massive queue for stuff being ruined by salad, and I’m not that keen on Quavers.

Comment

I'm getting too old for this tulipe.

Simple little pic program for an F887 to be programmed via a PICKIT3 (originally) then a PICKIT2 when that didn't work.

That didn't work either.

For some odd reason (probably Esteemed Customer related), the first box I tried to run MPLAB on did very odd things, such as shelling out to another instance when trying to build a project, then complaining bitterly that there were two instances running at the same time.

Being an and dense, I laboured away, even rebooted the box, and it still wouldn't do anything sensible.

In fact it wasn't even running the assembler.

At all.

Moved to another box and lo! verily it goeth like a fecking good 'un.

Well via the now obsolete PicStart Plus programmer, I've yet to try the PicKit2 or 3.

Programs & debugs with the PicKit 2 (obsolete), does nothing sensible with the original PicKit 3, and not much more with a brand new one.

Ho hum.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 May 2018, 15:35.

Comment

Working...
                      X