• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post

Some gentlemen with a stihl saw provided this morning's dawn chorus. Given it's snowing, I imagine they're in a hurry to finish asap and get fecked off back to base.
    Morning all

how do you know it's a stihl, and not a black & decker??

Comment

Shopping done, despite the snowpocalypse

It started coming down pretty heavily as soon as I set off, but it wasn't settling at all so it just looked nice

And it probably delayed some of the hordes, so I was able to get around the shops and home again before they descend and things become unbearable.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

In airport lounge in Sydney. Two hours till flight. 25 hour journey. Hoping we don't hit snow problems at Heathrow. 36 degrees here today.
        Bon voyage!

Comment

After last week's fiasco when nobody unlocked the gate in time for the recycling collection (I found it locked when I went to the dentist, and the recycling bin lorry was just heading off at the other end of the side road), collection was achieved yesterday, probably because I went down and unlocked the damn gate myself at about eight in the morning

So I've now been able to get rid of the stuff I didn't get rid of two weeks ago because I couldn't be bothered, and couldn't get rid of last week because the neighbours had filled the bin, and still couldn't get rid of all this week because the bin hadn't been emptied.

The action never stops around here, I tell you

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            After last week's fiasco when nobody unlocked the gate in time for the recycling collection (I found it locked when I went to the dentist, and the recycling bin lorry was just heading off at the other end of the side road), collection was achieved yesterday, probably because I went down and unlocked the damn gate myself at about eight in the morning

So I've now been able to get rid of the stuff I didn't get rid of two weeks ago because I couldn't be bothered, and couldn't get rid of last week because the neighbours had filled the bin, and still couldn't get rid of all this week because the bin hadn't been emptied.

The action never stops around here, I tell you
            Trip to the tip?

Just received my council tax statement apparently I have to take my council tax bill to the tip to get a permit for the tip. I've never heard of such a stupid fecking scheme.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Trip to the tip?

Just received my council tax statement apparently I have to take my council tax bill to the tip to get a permit for the tip. I've never heard of such a stupid fecking scheme.
              Not enough to justify it. Also, I have to separate it for the tip, whereas all recyclables just go in the same bin, so it's easier to sacrifice some space in the kitchen for a few weeks

I once went to the tip on a Bank Holiday and they had a chap at the gate who asked your postcode and road before he let you in, on the grounds that people who live outside the city shouldn't be there. As the postcode area extends far, far beyond the city and even the local taxi drivers don't know all the road names (it not being London), I like to imagine that he was some kind of savant who'd memorised the entire postcode directory for the region, and as a result got hired by the council to vet people on busy days

Comment

It was just announced on Twitter that tickets for Boring VIII will go on sale on 21 May. I pointed out that as the conference itself is on 5 May, this was a bold move.

It was just announced on Twitter that tickets for Boring VIII will go on sale on 21 March

Comment

Thick snow shower, but now back to bright sunshine. Cold out though

This latest snow has actually accumulated a little, but only in places like the far corner of the doctor's back yard that aren't in direct sunlight.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Thick snow shower, but now back to bright sunshine. Cold out though

This latest snow has actually accumulated a little, but only in places like the far corner of the doctor's back yard that aren't in direct sunlight.
                    Proper blizzard conditions here.

Only the fact that the earlier snow melted before the next lot arrived is stopping it selling on the roads. Bitterly cold and windy as well.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      Morning all

how do you know it's a stihl, and not a black & decker??
                      It was orange.

I've been playing with my plaster board hoist today. I'm very impressed. I've lifted 3 2.4m panels into place, trimmed in situ to account for wonky walls and screwed them into the ceiling joists without removing the existing boards. This after carting 24 of the feckers into the house, and 16 25kg bags of plaster for good measure.

Comment

Working...
                      X