• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh FFS

Now the doc has decided that as I’m going down south to stay with relatives in the short term, and temporary cover from the family GP can’t be arranged on a Sunday, I can’t go until tomorrow

So I’m stuck here until tomorrow morning
    Last edited by NickFitz; 17 December 2017, 12:17.

Comment

Potassium supplements with the lunchtime drugs round: two big effervescent things in some water. They had a really quite unpleasant taste

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Oh FFS

Now the doc has decided that as I’m going down south to stay with relatives in the short term, and temporary cover from the family GP can’t be arranged on a Sunday, I can’t go until tomorrow

So I’m stuck here until tomorrow morning
        Boo!

Oh, wait...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

So The Wife (tm) is 4 weeks post knee surgery. She’s skied today.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Hungover....

Ouch....

Least it is self inflicted...
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Just went for a little walk. I started out trying to find a male toilet on the ward that was unoccupied; that search brought me to the ward entrance by the bay I was first in after ITU.

(The ward isn’t like a Nightingale layout with one long room - it’s more like a bunch of bays, cubicles, and rooms for different purposes, clustered together with entrances from the main corridors around the area, and a bunch of its own internal corridors.)

So I wandered out of that door; that comes out opposite Ward 28, which is where I was the first week, waiting for the angiogram.

And from there I ambled down the main corridor, then left along another main corridor, and back in to the ward at the entrance just down the minor corridor past my current room.

Not very far in reality, but it’s quite a lengthy expedition by the standards of the place

Comment

Just went for a little walk. I started out trying to find a male toilet on the ward that was unoccupied; that search brought me to the ward entrance by the bay I was first in after ITU.

(The ward isn’t like a Nightingale layout with one long room - it’s more like a bunch of bays, cubicles, and rooms for different purposes, clustered together with entrances from the main corridors around the area, and a bunch of its own internal corridors.)

So I wandered out of that door; that comes out opposite Ward 28, which is where I was the first week, waiting for the angiogram.

And from there I ambled down the main corridor, then left along another main corridor, and back in to the ward at the entrance just down the minor corridor past my current room.

Not very far in reality, but it’s quite a lengthy expedition by the standards of the place
                you didn't throw the waterfountain through the window and make your escape then?

Comment

And how did you cope with your extended excursion? Mudskipper in mum mode worrying about you going home before you're up to it

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    And how did you cope with your extended excursion? Mudskipper in mum mode worrying about you going home before you're up to it
                    Fine. Would have gone to the lifts and headed down to the coffee shop by main reception if I'd thought there was a chance it was open

Comment

Why is there an empty bottle of Amarula beside me?

TFBSZ
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X