• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Goes back at least to Round the Horne which introduced Polari to the masses, though I'm not sure said masses quite realised what was going on at the time: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polari#In_popular_culture
    Oh, indeed.

I remember it.

However it wasn't on every fecking programme that they put out.

I'm all for gay lib, but FFS give it a bit of a rest.

Comment

Just heard a plane flying overhead. Went on Planefinder, and it turns out it's a flight from Edinburgh to Cologne that's made a sharp turn just north of here, doubled back and is now heading south. Looks like this is so it can dodge round the bottom of the storms in the vicinity of London, which its previous course would have taken it straight into

Comment

TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          TFBSZ
          Yup

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

It's rained enough to leave a puddle in the dropped kerb of the pedestrian crossing, but it was clearly an hour or two ago and now we've got the rosy-fingered dawn thing going on

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

It's raining.

At about 3 a.m. we had the obligatory Clap of Doom just to wake everyone up a bit.

It was dry in Neath but the thunderstorm started just as I walked out of the station in Swansea.

Not being stupid, I don't put umbrellas up in a thunderstorm so I'm just a tad damp.

And a female scrote that I informed that smoking wasn't allowed on the station got all uppity & upset.

Comment

Exercise done.

Ground nice and wet. Had to dodge being wetted by a large puddle on the way to and from exercise. Anger in the gym over the summer timetable.

Heard the traffic and apparently loads of people in Ipswich are stuck behind a broken down potato harvester. Beats being stuck in a queue due to an over turned plastic recycling truck or bolting horses.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    you mean a '**** Bun'
                    FTFY
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Well, that's a night's sleep I didn't get.
                      The (noise averse) Dog (tw) heard the thunder coming in at around 11:30, at which point she stood on my head.
                      The Wife (tm) woke at 00:40, got up, decided I had to look out the window and then two hours later she took The Dog downstairs.
                      The main lightning storm was from 2-3am. I got to sleep around 3.30am, The Wife came back to bed around 5am. I woke at 6.30 as usual.

Morning all

(grumpier than usual mod today)
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X