• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    In other news, I have landlording duties to perform this evening. A report has been received of the 'bulb in my room melt and the metal holder is stuck onto the bulb holder'. No idea what she is wittering on about this time, unless she has somehow procured a 1000 watt incandescent bulb from somewhere. Hopefully, she means the bulb has gone and she hasn't realised it's a bayonet rather than a screw fixing.
    If she was very lucky the bulb exploded out of the fitting leaving the bayonet cap in situ.

I've had several MAPLIN Ever Ready crap bulbs do that.

Comment

Just noticed the weather app is suggesting a small possibility of snow here tonight

I doubt it'll actually happen. Slightly more perturbing is the fairly large probability of rain for the journey back from ClientCo tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        If she was very lucky the bulb exploded out of the fitting leaving the bayonet cap in situ.
        A point to the GAL. 2 minute job to replace. She's been waiting 4 weeks apparently and has run out of friends to try help. I remembered to check the power was off too, which was a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Just noticed the weather app is suggesting a small possibility of snow here tonight

I doubt it'll actually happen. Slightly more perturbing is the fairly large probability of rain for the journey back from ClientCo tomorrow
          Light dusting around the 300m contour in kirklees if that helps?

Comment

A point to the GAL. 2 minute job to replace. She's been waiting 4 weeks apparently and has run out of friends to try help. I remembered to check the power was off too, which was a bonus.
            Have you shown her YouTube?

Actually better to let her wait in the dark otherwise be knocking down walls.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Dinner has been leftovers form the Chinese - last of the crispy duck, and some beef chow mein quickly reheated by stir frying with a bit of soy sauce

And I've been up to the Amazon Locker to collect a couple of parcels. It's cold and rather horrid out there

And sandwiches have been prepared for tomorrow.

And I've sat down after that lot and discovered it wasn't half ten, as I thought, but half nine - a whole hour I thought I'd already lived through awaits

Comment

Turns out the reason it's busy out there (both traffic and pedestrians) is that the football people had Liverpool over to play this evening. The singing must be because the local lot won

Comment

Yes, it's good to make sure you're not about to be electrocuted whilst standing on a chair.

The twitching puts people off you know.

Comment

TFBSZ
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Having watched last night's 50 and NCIS LA, it's time for bed.

I'm waiting for the tv licence bunch to start knocking on the ZeitParents' door since I've studiously ignored 4 or 5 increasingly threatening letters from the .

Since there's nothing in the house that can receive current tv transmissions they can go feck themselves.

Seems colder out there tonight.

Comment

Working...
                      X