• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First pancake consumed.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Excellent.

So you got home without getting wet.
      Not quite: it was still raining when I got out of the car to unlock the gate; nasty, cold rain that went straight through that stupid office shirt

It stopped once I'd parked and was disconnecting the dash cam and phone

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        The fish supper has been consumed.

I'm on a diet so it was one piece of breaded M&S haddock this evening.
        I've got the rest of Sunday's lamb to finish off. Quite looking forward to it, if I can ever get around to going to the kitchen and sorting it out

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

First pancake consumed.
          Enjoy!

Comment

My thing for saving whatever links get tweeted into my Twitter timeline is working away like a good 'un

Just had to go in and add pagination, as it's currently got 2,647 of them, and having them all on a single page was a bit much

Most of those are links within Twitter though - pictures, or people quoting other tweets. Next stage is to add a filter to only show links to external domains, then combine duplicates, then resolve links from URL shorteners like bit.ly, then add some rules for organising them in such a way that the most interesting ones are near the top

Each of those has its own wrinkles: for example, eliminating duplicates will involve a number of rules of thumb for cases where the query string (e.g. http://example.com/something.html?foo=bar&moo=cow) is used for tracking social media campaigns (where it will be different if the person tweeted it after finding it on, say, Facebook or Twitter but the actual page will be the same, so those bits should be thrown away), as opposed to being important (where, say, it specifies which article on the blog it is, and is therefore essential to find the right page).

Hours of fun; or, at least, rather more productive than just reading Twitter constantly

Comment

TFBSZ, tomorrow is invoice day
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                TFBSZ, tomorrow is invoice day
                Nice!

Comment

Dinner was very good once I finally got it made

If I'm making proper roast spuds, I should start at least an hour or so earlier than I actually did

Comment

Goodnight all

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X