• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Just set up the echo I bought on prime day.

It's ok for playing music but not brilliant. Will do until the Homepods appear though...
    Very useful for trolling your other half though.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Comment

ClientCo have just said that they are still looking for a permie to fill the roll I am doing. This was followed up with "if you're interested". My response was that I'm in a contract with them right now, but once that was over if they haven't found someone else and want to make me a sensible offer, I would consider it.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            No matter how technophobic your other half is mine is far, far worse - so I won't risk it.

Personally the echo is a winner on usability just not on sound quality. I'm currently debating if its worth spending the £50 or so on a dot just to turn music off when a call comes in...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              ClientCo have just said that they are still looking for a permie to fill the roll I am doing. This was followed up with "if you're interested". My response was that I'm in a contract with them right now, but once that was over if they haven't found someone else and want to make me a sensible offer, I would consider it.
              You might be asked to train up your replacement.

Personally I usually string them along a bit "I never say no to anything". "What have you got in mind". "How will you assist my career". "Can I think about it for a while".

Finally say its very sad however you can't take a pay cut of 50%.....

Comment

Blue screen of death on client laptop -
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Blue screen of death on client laptop -
                  Time to go home, then.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Time to go home, then.
                    Nah it restarted and I am at home.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Afternoon denizens

I got up at 7:15 and went down to unlock the gate for the bins, only to find it already open

Also, nobody seems to have put their bins out there this week - there were about three normal and one recycling, rather than fifteen or twenty assorted as usual

Anyway, I went back to bed and slept solidly for a few more hours, and feel much better for it

Grey day, though

Now having breakfast of strong coffee and a few digestive biscuits before setting off on various errands, the most important (but least enjoyable) of which is getting my hair cut

Comment

Working...
                      X