• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching a touch of frost.

Comment

Spag bol for tea.

Too much spag as usual.

There must be a scientific method of working it out.

Comment

Weekend of bike nonsense complete.

195 miles yesterday, 150 today.

Kept the sleeves on my arms as they were a bit sore after yesterday despite the sun cream, forgot to put any on my face instead so now have a red nose. *hic*

Lasagne and chips for dinner.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Chicken and salad for dinner
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Just for a change, I've had a proper Sunday roast on a Sunday: roast beef, roast potatoes, peas, Yorkshire puds, and a red wine gravy

I always seem to end up making my Sunday roasts on a Tuesday or something, so it was a nice change

In fact, it was a joint of beef that I'd bought back in April for a Sunday roast but, for some reason, I ended up not using it on that Sunday and stuck it in the freezer.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Tonight's kinematic extravaganza commenced with Quadrophenia
              I noticed that when he's trying to sort out pills for the trip to Brighton, there's a National Front graffito on the gate of the scrapyard he visits. The NF, of course, didn't exist in 1964 when the film was set

At least it wasn't "George Davis is Innocent"

Comment

frikadellen in crusty rolls for tea with a glass or 4 of Hardy's legacy.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tonight's big feature was Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation, whose title has the colon in the wrong place for historical reasons

I bought this one ages ago when it was dirt cheap on the iTunes Store during one of their promotions; I've never seen any of the modern Mission: Impossible films before. Turns out they're rather good if you're after crazy fight scenes and impractical technology, or at least this one is - I have no evidence concerning the others

The climax in London did have me pausing it while I checked Google Maps quite a lot: run round this corner, oh that's a mile-and-a-half away, run round that corner, oh look, that's a mile in the opposite direction. Ho hum

And after that I watched Seven Days in May, starring Kirk Douglas, in which the Chiefs of Staff of the United States are plotting a coup against an unpopular president. The most unsettling thing about it now is that the arguments as to why they should be stopped are exactly the same even when the president is the one currently in office. But I suppose that if you make a democratic system, you get to sleepwalk in it; and even in the face of Trump, letting the military take charge is as bad an idea as it's always been

Goodnight all
                  Last edited by NickFitz; 3 July 2017, 03:35.

Comment

Left kindle at home. Will have to do some work on the plane to stem boredom
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X