• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The reason it snowed is because YOU cut your hair!

In other news Thames Water have p*ssed me off. They are digging up a main road near me but have closed all the crossings so if you are on foot you have to risk getting run over to get to the station. Saw someone with a buggy earlier and some old people trying to cross the road. Luckily there were some kind car drivers who stopped for them.
    Yes, it's all my fault

Or it may have been the two blokes in there who were down from Nottingham, and wittering about getting stuck in the middle of nowhere if the van couldn't make it back up there this evening. Probably them

The snow seems to have stopped for now anyway. If the snow radar can be relied on it looks like it may start again later tonight, but it doesn't look like there's anything heavy headed our way.

Comment

Dinner has been a nice joint of roast pork, with the usual accompaniments

Time for a beer, I reckon

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Dinner has been a nice joint of roast pork, with the usual accompaniments

Time for a beer, I reckon
        Enjoy
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Enjoy
          Cheers!

Comment

I had teriyaki salmon from Morrisons (reduced and I hadn't spotted the teriyaki bit when I bought it) which was very nice, with baby potatoes and a shedload of assorted veg.

Followed by a nice glass of sherry, a bottle of OP and a glass of tawny port.

I was quite happily slightly pissed whilst watching a curious assortment of programmes on the televisor, starting with Lock & Load which had R. Lee Ermey whittering on about field artillery in a surprisingly interesting way. Apparently one can get GPS guided 155mm shells these days. It's a kind of magic.

Next came some random PBS programme about recipients of the CMO, followed by this evening's NCIS.

And now it's TFBSZ.

Comment

Morning all waiting for my flight home
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

ForcesTV. Nothing like the smell of Napalm, in the morning...
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

It's snowing gently.

However there are signs of blueness amongst the clouds.

And R. Lee Ermey is doing his half track armoured vehicle Lock & Load, followed by the pistol one IIRC.

Comment

Cold, wet, grey, miserable.

So of course I decided to go for a bike ride

Onion soup for lunch now, to warm up.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Cold, grey, damp day

Comment

Working...
                      X