• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    To be honest it's the LEL that scares me more. Need to average 190 miles a day for 4 and a half days back to back.
    Looking at that route - yep. What on earth is it doing going Thirsk Barnie via Cumbria to get to Edinburgh. The A68 is far prettier and features some lovely roman roads...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Looking at that route - yep. What on earth is it doing going Thirsk Barnie via Cumbria to get to Edinburgh. The A68 is far prettier and features some lovely roman roads...
      The A68 is great if you are in a car, less so for cyclists. Very fast road, not much room for cyclists and used heavily by HGV's etc.

The LEL route deliberately tries to avoid A roads for this very reason. And to be honest, I'd rather ride through the Pennines AONB than up past Consett etc.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Thanks to a tip off from Norrahe, managed to get a table at The Man Behind The Curtain this Saturday
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Home!

The trip back was going really well until (according to the Google Maps app) 4.7 miles from the motorway junction, when everything suddenly slowed right down. After four miles of dead slow and stop I got into the inside lane just before the half mile sign - where it then took half an hour to get to the bottom of the slip road

The traffic lights down there had decided to stop working, and it's not really practical to stand a plod in the middle of the four lanes to give hand signals, so it was basically a free-for-all among the northbound M1 traffic, M69 traffic (both ways), and us M1 leavers

Ah well, home now

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            To be honest it's the LEL that scares me more. Need to average 190 miles a day for 4 and a half days back to back.
            Take the car - much easier.

Comment

Chicken leg and a few other bits for dinner, from the other night's humongous roast

After all the hassle of getting home I couldn't be bothered to cook anything to go with it. Then I remembered that the chip shop, after its reopening last autumn, had reclosed, and has recently re-reopened. So I nipped down there for a bag of chips.

Verdict: they'd clearly been good enough chips maybe half an hour earlier when they'd been cooked. But I think they close at nine on weeknights, and it was nearly that when I got there, so I suppose expecting them to cook some fresh would be a bit much. I'll have to give it a try earlier in the evening

Comment

Morning all
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Morning all
                  Evening

Comment

Thursday tomorrow, which is Friday for me!

I think this three day week thing is just about right, really. They should have stuck with it after they introduced it in the 1970s

Comment

Yes, it was really good.

You had specific times when you could turn the soldering iron on, and times when you had to switch it off.

Did a 4.5 day week for a year in the early 80s semiconductor slump.

That was good too.

And there wasn't any problem about turning soldering irons on and off to complicate matters, just alternate Fridays off.

It was call "Temporary Short Time working" or some such.

And goodness me, 75,002 posts.

I can't believe it.

Comment

Working...
                      X