• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

At the ClientCo today. Not sure how long I'll stay.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Email telling me my mum's present is ready for collection. I'm also going to pop into Staples and get some cheap stationery in the closing-down sale, and I've got a couple of Waterstones gift cards to use up.

Suppose I ought to get my act together and head into town… actually, it's nearly lunchtime, so maybe I'll leave it a couple of hours until the masses are penned up in their offices again

Comment

Morning all

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        No doubt the beer bottles would resemble:

but would contain IPA rather than that foreign muck.

But this:

was the stuff to put hairs on yer chest.

That second one has feeling foul in it's name so an evening on that was never going to end well.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          Morning all

That second one has feeling foul in it's name so an evening on that was never going to end well.
          It's known locally as feeling foul.

The can pictured is from about 1935, when Felinfoel were the first brewery to use cans.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Email telling me my mum's present is ready for collection. I'm also going to pop into Staples and get some cheap stationery in the closing-down sale, and I've got a couple of Waterstones gift cards to use up.

Suppose I ought to get my act together and head into town… actually, it's nearly lunchtime, so maybe I'll leave it a couple of hours until the masses are penned up in their offices again
            Then you'll hit the schools traffic...
            Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
              Then you'll hit the schools traffic...
              Just managed to avoid it

Going into town was OK and I got a spec on the rooftop car park of the Mall From Hell, though I then had to work out how to get to Debenhams, which I've never visited in the twenty or so years it's been in that location. Once I'd found the collection point (which they hide round the back of everything upstairs) and picked up my little parcel, I went and revived my spirits with a browse around Waterstones, eventually picking up a nice hardback edition of Moby Dick in the vague hope having it leads to me actually reading it one day, along with the first of Stieg Larsson's Millennium trilogy, on the grounds that I enjoyed watching it in Swedish so might enjoy reading it in English.

Then off around the inner ring road to Staples, where I picked up a box in which to send my mum's present, and some box files in which to keep documents that will never be looked at again.

Home, beating the school folk, where I failed to find the parcel tape I bought last time I had to send a parcel. So I had to go to the local stationer's, rendering my trip to Staples something of a waste of time in retrospect. And of course the stationer's near Greggs closed down, so I had to go to the one a few hundred yards further away, up past the evangelical church and the Hindu temple.

And once I'd got home and packaged it all up and printed the postage bought online, I had to go to the post office anyway because I wanted it signed for, so I could have sorted out the postage over the counter

So that's finally all done, and she should get it tomorrow; and I had the good sense to pick up a steak bake from Greggs on the way back, so I'm going to have that now

Comment

Quite mild out there but breezy...
                Join IPSE

Comment

Understatement!
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Nice moon, too - on the very cusp of fullness

Comment

TFBSZ
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X