• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I should probably clean my chain...
    spare emergency link is about £2, chain tool £5 spare chain £8 pop it in the saddlebags.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

time to bottle the Banana wine, it no longer tastes like paint stripper its approaching rocket fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Tell Mr MS to find you a maintenance course that you can go on.

In London and other cities they are either free or under £20. Some stuff you will know, while the other stuff will save you YouTubing.

How take a cheap bike to the course as they make you muck around with things.
        But if you do fancy a bit of YouTUbe browsing you can find loads of How To stuff here :

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...IZwqDXj1q0Ooyy

and loads of other stuff as well.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          spare emergency link is about £2, chain tool £5 spare chain £8 pop it in the saddlebags.

How dare you suggest I have saddlebags

Comment

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all queuing at passport control on Kansai island.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start here

My back is still playing up. I suspect that it somehow causes me to adopt a posture while I'm sleeping that makes it even worse

Comment

May I ask a question?

Is anyone else amazed by Amazon delivery? I just bought the wife a Christmas present and it was delivered to my house whilst I was out, it was just left on the doorstep and according to the web site I signed for it!!

It cost just under £300, surely people just say they never received it and get another one?

It's madness?

Comment

Alexa play LBC London

Comment

Originally posted by DietCokeMan View Post
                      May I ask a question?

Is anyone else amazed by Amazon delivery? I just bought the wife a Christmas present and it was delivered to my house whilst I was out, it was just left on the doorstep and according to the web site I signed for it!!

It cost just under £300, surely people just say they never received it and get another one?

It's madness?
                      This is why I have stuff delivered to an Amazon Locker whenever possible. "Amazon Logistics" is actually shorthand for "Amazon subcontracting to the lowest bidder", so it's hardly surprising that delivery drivers on minimum wage with massive pressure to complete an impossible round don't really give a damn; and it seems that somehow, Amazon still manages to find it worthwhile to accept the level of loss/theft/scamming that results.

There's somebody I follow on Twitter whose husband worked as an Amazon delivery driver for a few weeks earlier in the year. The hours were insane due to the number of deliveries he was supposed to make each shift being far too high. And they didn't even manage to pay him his meagre wages on time - as I recall, it was getting on for eight weeks before he finally got paid, despite being on a zero-hours contract that was supposed to be paid weekly.

Then some idiot rear-ended his van on the M62 and he ended up being taken away on a spinal board with a fractured vertebra in his neck. He's OK now, but from what she said, he regarded breaking his neck as something of a relief because it meant that he didn't have to deliver parcels for Amazon anymore. (No sick pay, of course.)

Comment

Working...
                      X