• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by covbob View Post
    And as it's not been mentioned on TPD (and I might go quiet for a bit in a few months) - CovBaby II is scheduled to arrive on 8th April - about a month after the end of current contract.

Comment

Freezer woes today. Returned home to find the door ajar and the whole thing frosted up. So it's been emptied, defrosted and refilled. The good news is there's a pile of lamb shanks and farm shop sausages which now NEED to be eaten

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        Freezer woes today. Returned home to find the door ajar and the whole thing frosted up. So it's been emptied, defrosted and refilled. The good news is there's a pile of lamb shanks and farm shop sausages which now NEED to be eaten
        Well played, whoever left the door open

Comment

Wondering why a bright blue and red humming bird hasn't been eaten while watching Life on Earth.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Morning all.

Todays excursion on the bike was brought to an early conclusion by a broken chain. Got it fixed but decided not to trust it for another 80 miles or so and headed home instead. It's done a couple of thousand miles now so not entirely surprising that it gave up on me, but still annoying to be stuck at the side of the road in the cold and damp trying to fix it.

What's the life expectancy of a chain?

Really cold on today's ride. 8 degrees, but it was a damp cold with a headwind that went through you. Did a tad under 60km but can't say I enjoyed it much, hills were hard work and I definitely need a dose of Rule 5.

Cafe stop was good though, and fat rascals (plural) were consumed to good effect.

Comment

Tonight's wine consumption not off to a good start. Cork disintegrated (poor screwing technique rather than dodgy cork) so wine will need filtering through teeth. Then broke one of our two remaining matching glasses, so we now have different sized glasses which is likely to lead to marital strife.

Comment

Telly is now around half-an-hour overdue. Just had a call from the delivery folk telling me they'll be here in about forty minutes

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  What's the life expectancy of a chain?

Really cold on today's ride. 8 degrees, but it was a damp cold with a headwind that went through you. Did a tad under 60km but can't say I enjoyed it much, hills were hard work and I definitely need a dose of Rule 5.

Cafe stop was good though, and fat rascals (plural) were consumed to good effect.
                  Depends on how you look after it and what conditions you ride it in.

If you don't clean and lube and ride in wet and muddy conditions it will probably give up at about 1000 miles.

Regular cleaning and only riding in dry / good conditions and it can last 5000.

This one has probably done 2-3000.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I think I made too much gravy. I didn't know that was a thing.

#emptynestsyndrome

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      Tonight's wine consumption not off to a good start. Cork disintegrated (poor screwing technique rather than dodgy cork) so wine will need filtering through teeth. Then broke one of our two remaining matching glasses, so we now have different sized glasses which is likely to lead to marital strife.
                      Coffee mugs? For the sake of equality...

And use a tea strainer or sieve....
                      Last edited by DaveB; 27 November 2016, 19:42.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X