• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Bit on the grey side here, though at least it isn't raining

Comment

Looing like slash 'n' burn time here. Time to start polishing the CV.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
        Panic early is always a good move in such circumstances. Good luck...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Panic early is always a good move in such circumstances. Good luck...
          No panic needed - all hands call this morning confirms that the programme is cancelled with effect from next week.

Keep calm and carry on: life of a contractor! Luckily having invoices on 28-day terms means I'll have the cash flowing nicely for the rest of the year.

Comment

morning all
            Cloudy for the dog walk, now clear skies as the sun just creeps over the hill.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
              That bad? I may have missed a few updates, recap?
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                That bad? I may have missed a few updates, recap?
                Actually, it's all happened pretty quickly - ClientCo's client verbally told ClientCo to stop work on Friday last week. ClientCo told us it might happen on Monday. End client have since confirmed it all in writing and asked for us to finish up by the end of next week.

There are several consultancies on site here - the guys from another one are being walked today. Only one looks like it will survive.

The cause of this is (reading between the lines) that end client have specced and pursued a huge programme which they don't really have the budget to complete. They must have been throwing money away as budgetary controls have never been mentioned. As a result they're looking at using their own IT guys and a single consultancy to do a cheaper, simpler version.

Comment

You know that bit in the Titanic where the Project Manager Captain finally realises the ship has no steering/direction and it's never going to deliver the project passengers at all, never mind on time?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    You know that bit in the Titanic where the Project Manager Captain finally realises the ship has no steering/direction and it's never going to deliver the project passengers at all, never mind on time?
                    Question is will the Captain do the honourable thing.

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Question is will the Captain do the honourable thing.
                      The captain wouldn't know an honourable thing if he read the New Years Honours list.

In the end, we've now got 2 more project managers on the project.
                      That means repeating myself 3 times in 3 times as many meetings.

Comment

Working...
                      X