• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back from Chelsea. The only Ruperts / Clarissas that I saw were the three wannabe types on the Dubarry stand wearing the awful clothes and standing around in a trough of water, to show how unstylish waterproof clothes can look.

As for the flower show, highly recommended.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Well there's the hedges trimmed and the lawns mown.

Nearly dead now.

Tea turned out to be a kedgeree, however I chose to use some really ancient M&S breaded haddock that had resided in the freezer compartment of the fridge for yonks and latterly in the freezer.

It was just about edible but I can't say it was exactly nice.

Scraping the breadcrumbs off made it a bit better.

The jackdaws seem quite pleased with the breadcrumbs though.

Comment

In other news, it looks like there was a thunder cloud travelling up the Swansea valley.

It emitted a couple of cracks of doom on its travels.

Apparently my sheets will be done at 19:00 or so.

Comment

The show has started across the river at World of Football™. At least one support act must have done their thing as it's gone quiet again; not that it's that loud at this distance

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            In other news, it looks like there was a thunder cloud travelling up the Swansea valley.

It emitted a couple of cracks of doom on its travels.

Apparently my sheets will be done at 19:00 or so.
            Looks like it's hanging around near Pen-y-cae at the moment: https://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang=...d=2;dl=2;dc=0;

Comment

Just finished a charity gig in a local pub. I've lost my voice so was not doing vocals. I thought we were tulip. Just been told by a classical singer that we were really good.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Just watched another 3 NCIS eps from S11.

I seem to be watching them out of order for some odd reason, 7, 8, 9 then 4, 5, 6, then 10, 11, 12.

Quite confusing.

Plus the order of broadcast on Fx doesn't seem to match the order of eps on Imdb.

But it's close enough.

Can't find eps 1, 2, and 3 in the stack though.

Comment

crate of Doom Bar was purchased earlier...not going to last the weekend at this rate...
                  Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    Just watched another 3 NCIS eps from S11.

I seem to be watching them out of order for some odd reason, 7, 8, 9 then 4, 5, 6, then 10, 11, 12.

Quite confusing.

Plus the order of broadcast on Fx doesn't seem to match the order of eps on Imdb.

But it's close enough.

Can't find eps 1, 2, and 3 in the stack though.
                    It's the aliens from UFO, meddling again

Comment

Home from a visit with a mate to a new pub-cum-microbrewery that's recently opened up the road and round the corner on the street (though it's called a gate, after the Viking word for street and not because there was ever a gate there) of many hostelries. Not at all bad, though like all such places it's too beholden to the trend for American-style heavily hopped IPAs. I think we need a new trend that promotes the creation of new varieties of traditional English bitter; we don't get enough of that nowadays.

He had the usual crop of interesting tales about his business, particularly a client who'd tried to screw him over, and who he tied up in verbal and contractual knots by offering to walk away from the deal subject to a perfectly reasonable requirement. His approach to such matters (and to life in general) is idiosyncratic to say the least, and I swear he gets results simply because people who try to rip him off or generally take advantage end up so baffled and confused by his approach to their shenanigans that they pay him just so they don't have to think about it any more

Walking home, the streets were filled with people who had clearly just been to a Kasabian gig in a football stadium. Nice to see the place busy like that; it always is busy up the road here at midnight on a Saturday, but not that busy, and not necessarily with such people in such a good mood

So overall, it was an enjoyable evening. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                      X