• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Have spent the last hour watching CBeebies with CovToddler to give Mrs Covbob a chance to catch up on sleep.

Comment

And as it's not been mentioned on TPD (and I might go quiet for a bit in a few months) - CovBaby II is scheduled to arrive on 8th April - about a month after the end of current contract.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
        And as it's not been mentioned on TPD (and I might go quiet for a bit in a few months) - CovBaby II is scheduled to arrive on 8th April - about a month after the end of current contract.
        Congrats. Be prepared for a shock though 2 are supposedly more than twice the work of one.

Having twins I will wait for someone else to confirm whether the above is true or not
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning all.

Todays excursion on the bike was brought to an early conclusion by a broken chain. Got it fixed but decided not to trust it for another 80 miles or so and headed home instead. It's done a couple of thousand miles now so not entirely surprising that it gave up on me, but still annoying to be stuck at the side of the road in the cold and damp trying to fix it.

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Just passing 37400ft over Denmark. Nice day up here, quite liking the A350.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey sort of day today

DPD is due anytime between 12:02pm and 1:02pm - not sure how they can be so vague as to specify an hour, yet so precise as to specify that the hour begins and ends at two minutes past the hour

Comment

And it's here

Later, the excitement happens all over again with the arrival of the telly…

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Afternoon denizens

Grey sort of day today

DPD is due anytime between 12:02pm and 1:02pm - not sure how they can be so vague as to specify an hour, yet so precise as to specify that the hour begins and ends at two minutes past the hour
                  I suspect it's one of those Hedology things, to make you more tolerant of minor delays etc. You are more likely to get upset if it's late when its due on the hour than being last when due a few minutes after. Or summat.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    I suspect it's one of those Hedology things, to make you more tolerant of minor delays etc. You are more likely to get upset if it's late when its due on the hour than being last when due a few minutes after. Or summat.
                    Yes, probably something like that

The other thing I don't understand is why the link in the email gives me a tracking page that includes a map showing where the driver is, whereas the same page accessed directly via the relevant form on the website doesn't show the map, despite the URLs being the same

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                      Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                      X