• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two early starts + late night last night + hangover = early night for me

Comment

Morning denizens

It's sort of doing the Simpsons thing of the clouds parting and the sun shining through between them in real time out there at the moment

Comment

Phone interview later

Better get my act together

Comment

In clientco. I do love 5:30 starts

Although the pole dancing secretary does liven the office up a bit
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning all

Hideous night's sleep.

Too hot.

Awake from about 03:20 until about 04:30.

Nothing worth listening to on the World Service.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Phone interview later

Better get my act together
              Good luck
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning all

Lovely dog walk earlier. Nice weekend too, although a bit of a slow drive up the 303 from Lyme Regis.

Good luck Nick!
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It's Group Project Vivas for the 2nd years today.

I'm really deeply deeply

Comment

Morning all

In true british style, WTF is up with the weather?

Sat: Weather looks great, maybe I should mow the lawn and wash the cars, oooh how about a BBQ later. As soon as I get in the car to go to halfords to get car washing stuff it p1sses it down. Later on lovely and sunny so BBQ-tastic
                    Horrendous storm at about 2am and then at 5am.
                    Sun: Can't mow the lawn due to being wet from the storm so wash the cars and get sunburn in the time that takes. Family lunch so sat outside all day. Get home and mow the lawn since it's now dryer than a desert.
                    Mon: Wake up this morning and it's been p1ssing down again.

FFS May, get your act together!

Comment

Looking through some of my own code from a couple of years ago to remind myself of various things that might be relevant to the interview. Much to my astonishment, I can easily work out what it's doing and how it's doing it; in fact, it's really not all that bad

It parses Datex 2 XML feeds from the Highways Agency and turns them into Django models in a PostgreSQL DB with geo extensions. It turns out that as of last December, HA no longer provide those feeds, so it's now completely useless

Comment

Working...
                      X