• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Pressurise it?

It's like using a garden hose to fill the underfloor space?
    I meant drain the CH it to the point where there is no water coming out, then slap the chemical metal on and leave to set, then refil the CH. Worst case scenario you lose half a day mucking about without CH.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      I meant drain the CH it to the point where there is no water coming out, then slap the chemical metal on and leave to set, then refil the CH. Worst case scenario you lose half a day mucking about without CH.
      Er, it hasn't worked since about March.

And sadly, the leak is buried somewhere in the brickwork.

Comment

ZeitBoredNow(tm).

Comment

I'm sooooo bored I'm making up an order for batteries.

And I'm feeling pretty about that.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            I'm sooooo bored I'm making up an order for batteries.

And I'm feeling pretty about that.
            Caught part of one of those Consumer Protection type programs last night.

Aside from the bloke who decided it was a good idea to give out all his card details over the phone, and then stick his cards in an envelope and give them to some bloke in a taxi; there was an interesting bit on what happens to counterfeit LiIon batteries when they get too hot.

Some of it was really quite spectacular, and a little worrying.

Comment

Hm, browser weirdness at Client Co.

Google searches via IE result in "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" while Chrome works fine.

Everything else works, just cant get to Google for searches.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Caught part of one of those Consumer Protection type programs last night.

Aside from the bloke who decided it was a good idea to give out all his card details over the phone, and then stick his cards in an envelope and give them to some bloke in a taxi; there was an interesting bit on what happens to counterfeit LiIon batteries when they get too hot.

Some of it was really quite spectacular, and a little worrying.
                Indeed.

And some of the not so counterfeit ones are just as bad.

Don't get me started on chinese copies of electrolytic capacitors.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Much scaffolding work going on out the back. I don't know who sent these roofers, but they seem to be intent on working their way through the entire neighbourhood

Comment

Wet.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Afternoon denizens

Much scaffolding work going on out the back. I don't know who sent these roofers, but they seem to be intent on working their way through the entire neighbourhood
                      Are they repairing the roofs or stealing the slates?

Comment

Working...
                      X