• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Cool!

I wonder if scaffolders get worried on nights like this? If I were one, I'd be sitting at home checking my business insurance policy was up to date and trying to resist the temptation to go out to check things were all right
    I would keep well clear in case it fell over!

So what is for dinner tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I would keep well clear in case it fell over!

So what is for dinner tonight?
      Just had a big plateful of chicken casserole, and very nice it was

And I've just watched the BBC programme about Arthur Ransome's Swallows and Amazons, with John Sargent. Very good, though if they put their minds to it they could make an entire series about the real-life locations on which he based the places in that and the other books

Comment

Just discovered that I messed up transcoding The World at War from DVD into iTunes - everything seems to be there but they've got the wrong metadata, so episode 1 is actually episode 2, episode 3 is actually "The Making of…" special, and so forth. I've got a program that will do a lookup and change the metadata if I give them the correct episode numbers, but first I need to work out which is which. I've decided it's a bit too late to be starting on that

Goodnight all

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning all.

Comment

How are we all today?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

How are we all today?

Sad to hear of the passing (no pun intended) of Jonah Lomu
                Windswept after last night

What about you?
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Thin sunshine outside, though it's still a bit breezy

Comment

Weather far too tulipe to risk a jaunt outside so ClientCo's canteen had to suffice. Mushroom soup, and a scowl at the rain streaked glass has had to do.

Comment

Crucial UK finally have the memory upgrade for the new iMac

32GB is now winging its way to me…

Comment

Working...
                      X