• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Must make a nice change to have one showing a bit of enthusiasm
    Yes.

He's very bright.

And not from around here.

2 years ago he didn't even speaka da lingo.

Now he speaks it rather better than some of the local oiks.

Shows what running away from the ayatollahs can do for you.

Just as well I was looking at * - delta and delta - * yesterday though.

Comment

I'm reading about piemaking. Quite fancy making some steak and ale pies. It's regrettable how many recipes, even from reputable sources like the BBC, are actually a casserole with a pastry lid

Comment

Ah yes.

There used to be great debate around here over the difference between an apple pie (just a pastry lid) and an apple tart (pastry lid & base).

Since ZeitMater no longer cooks, that doesn't get discussed much any more.

Byeeeeeee

Comment

Had thought of putting off shopping until tomorrow - but as Saturdays are hell, I was thinking of going early, about eight in the morning.

The weather app informs me that there's a high probability of snow at that time and for a few hours before, so I don't think I'll be doing that after all

Looks like I'd better go this evening. Ho hum

Comment

It's Friday, it's five to five and it's Crackerjack home time!
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I'm reading about piemaking. Quite fancy making some steak and ale pies. It's regrettable how many recipes, even from reputable sources like the BBC, are actually a casserole with a pastry lid
              What you want is a double crust pie.

The trick is to blind bake the base first so you don't get a soggy bottom.

Alternatively, forgo the namby pamby short crust pastry and go straight for the suet puddings
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                What you want is a double crust pie.

The trick is to blind bake the base first so you don't get a soggy bottom.

Alternatively, forgo the namby pamby short crust pastry and go straight for the suet puddings
                Definitely getting into suet pud at some point

Comment

About time to head out. I need to collect the iMac RAM from the sorting office, too.

Comment

Shopping done, RAM collected. That means I don't have to venture forth among the masses any time over the weekend, unless I want to get any of the things I meant to get and only remembered as I was letting myself in the door

Also, today marks the first jumper-wearing of the season

Comment

Chinese for dinner, just for a change

It's very cold out, and wet too

Comment

Working...
                      X