• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping went OK, until I got home. Among other things, I'd bought a 54 litre plastic storage box on sale at Homebase, where I'd gone to find castors for my armchair, which has lost a couple over the years. I then had the bright idea of cramming as much of the groceries as would fit into the box to carry them in. This worked OK, and wasn't too heavy. So then, wanting to avoid a second trip, I decided I could easily carry the remaining three bags at the same time.

This turned what would have been a fairly straightforward chore into a kind of assault course, bearing in mind I have to get across a drive, through a gate, down a narrow passage behind an old stable, across the back yard, unlock the back door and turn its handle at the same time, and then get up the stairs. And all this with my back still grumbling

Still, made it in the end. Whereupon I found that my cramming-into-the-box had squashed the milk carton in such a way that its top was sufficiently deformed for it to leak a quarter of a pint all over the box and its contents

Getting the new castors on was a right pain, too. I'd forgotten how heavy this chair is. But anyway, all done now; and here I sit on my newly-mobile armchair, with a nice pot of tea on a tray beside me

I daresay I'll remember what I forgot to get when shopping now

Comment

"This is a list of notable sandwiches." Good to see British Rail getting a mention

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        I have more saws than you could shake a stick at, but I can't even find the boards I saw in the fecking shop this morning on that useless site.

It could all be an illusion of course. Maybe it's all a dream & I'll wake up soon.
        The B&Q website is useless. Impossible to find anything even when you know they have it.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Quiet in here tonight - where is everyone?

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
            Pass..

I'm though so I'm off to bed...

These 6am starts are killing me...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Round MP's drinking Champagne.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                The B&Q website is useless. Impossible to find anything even when you know they have it.
                Indeed.

I seem to remember that it used to be a good deal better.

Comment

Sorry

I'm watching season 5 of The Wire (HD remaster, or whatever they call it)

Comment

Well I've been to see the ZeitParents and then watched the interminable "Under the Dome".

Followed by a 40+ year old episode of "Callan" which was miles better.

Since I was feeling rough earlier I didn't bother having tea.

Apart from two mugs of, of course.

I shall depart for bed shortly.

Comment

Night all.

Comment

Working...
                      X