• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Walkers pork pie for lunch. That was an impulse buy yesterday, and present me is very grateful for past me's impulsiveness

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Afternoon all following on from yesterday’s summer, today we are back to rain

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Afternoon denizens

Cloudy out today and with a light breeze. A bit cooler at 23°C with an expected high of 24°, as the barometers head downwards to 995/1002mB

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Saturday.
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Grey.

Dark.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Cooler side of phew wot a scorcher in here at 21.6 deg, 23 deg in the kitchen, 21.5 deg in the leanto.

1001 mBar, 29.5595 in Hg, 750.8 Torr, 14.52 psi, (down from 1006 last night), 75% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 23rd of October 2019 NF concluded his viewing of Breaking Bad after consuming chicken in redwine sauce, and xogg discovered that some of his mapping problems were due to the data being metric rather than the Imperial he'd assumed.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked during which it deigned to drizzle upon me.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: book about railways: I've reached 1910.
    Who'd have thunk?

Entertainment: The Mentalist S1 E13.

Hammering down now.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM. <click>

Scotland Yard: The Silent Witness: the bookshop owner who murders his wife & pleads manslaughter.

Trump on the telly at the moment: appears to think indoor rallies are safe: obviously hasn't watched "The Manchurian Candidate". .

Dixon of Dock Green: Vagrant (1976).
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 17:17.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Pali!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Dull, overcast, humid. Currently 22 degrees with a high of 24 expected. Barometer down to 1008 mBar.

Popped to the farmers' market this morning. Picked up some goat leg steaks for HWMBO to cook up when he's back next week. The Isle of Wight tomato stall doesn't take back their reusable boxes, which I feel is very poor form.

Off to Petersham Nurseries for lunch this afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Saturday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Cooler side of phew wot a scorcher in here at 21.6 deg, 23 deg in the kitchen, 21.5 deg in the leanto.

1001 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (down from 1006 last night), 75% RH (Lidl electric).
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 11:40.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Having rewatched the Hunger Games films, it was time for the premiere of the prequel, The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes (2023). It's good but let's face it, it was only ever going to be an adjunct to the originals. It's a reasonably entertaining way of passing some time if you like the original story, though

Following which, I was in the mood for something based more in reality, so rewatched In the Name of the Father (1993) about the appalling miscarriage of justice in the case of the Guildford Four and Maguire Seven. Very good, but it cannot be stressed to filmmakers often enough: judges in British courts don't have gavels! They're only used on Bargain Hunt in this country

And then a further episode of The Wire

I remembered to make the bed before all of the above - no duvet

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I have caught up on 24 Hours in A&E.

I am still very grumpy with Channel4. They insisted that my account hadn't been used for two years and deleted it. I recreated it with the exact same login details I'd been using but obviously had lost all my lists. Will see if they delete it again in two years' time.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Pali!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    While out shopping earlier, I treated myself to a wok. So tea tonight has been sweet & sour pork with fried rice. I'm not about to claim that it was as good as you'd get from a Chinese, but it was very nice

I need to make the bed soon, as I left it to air in the heat of the day. Not sure I need bother with the arduous process of putting a duvet inside the cover until the weather cools down a bit

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Pali!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    …if, indeed, it has one

The decision is now with somebody at an external org who is in the middle of their two week holiday. So we won't find out anything until a week on Monday at the earliest

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Still waiting to hear about the future of the project…

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    That's Friday done

Leave a comment:

Working...
X