• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to the doctor's for my repeat prescriptions. Got fairly well soaked, even though it's only next door

So I waited for the rain to subside, which it did quite quickly, before walking to the chemist's. Once there an enthusiastic young pharmacist lady invited me sit down and have a medication review, which I agreed to as there's nothing else to do while waiting (they should get a pinball table), and if you don't agree they keep badgering you every month, whereas doing it calms them down for a year or so.

Walking back I remembered I needed to get some bubble wrap for the preservation of my few fragile items when I'm bookcasing, so I cut down to the main road. My local stationer's is having a closing-down sale, so that'll be gone before long

Then, as it's on the opposite corner to Greggs and I seemed to be in "support local retail" mode, I popped in there and got a steak bake

Quite a busy afternoon (by my usual standards), all in all.

The thunder's stopped now. With a bit of luck it'll come back when it's dark and we can see the lightning too

Comment

Currently windy, plus some <pfffft> and the rain is torrential.

Being on the 5th floor I can hear it running down the internal guttering & downpipes.

It's a definite plus if none comes through the ceilings.

Byeeeee

<ZG in "I'm gonna get wet & not in a good way" mode>

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Went to the doctor's for my repeat prescriptions. Got fairly well soaked, even though it's only next door

So I waited for the rain to subside, which it did quite quickly, before walking to the chemist's. Once there an enthusiastic young pharmacist lady invited me sit down and have a medication review, which I agreed to as there's nothing else to do while waiting (they should get a pinball table), and if you don't agree they keep badgering you every month, whereas doing it calms them down for a year or so.

Walking back I remembered I needed to get some bubble wrap for the preservation of my few fragile items when I'm bookcasing, so I cut down to the main road. My local stationer's is having a closing-down sale, so that'll be gone before long

Then, as it's on the opposite corner to Greggs and I seemed to be in "support local retail" mode, I popped in there and got a steak bake

Quite a busy afternoon (by my usual standards), all in all.

The thunder's stopped now. With a bit of luck it'll come back when it's dark and we can see the lightning too
        So in the same trip (I am making some assumptions here but I bet they are not too far from the truth) you got medicine for your dicky heart, and a stake baked dripped in hydrogenated fat a leading cause of heart attacks?!

The lord giveth and the lord taketh away!
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          So in the same trip (I am making some assumptions here but I bet they are not too far from the truth) you got medicine for your dicky heart, and a stake baked dripped in hydrogenated fat a leading cause of heart attacks?!

The lord giveth and the lord taketh away!
          It's very important to maintain a balance

Comment

Scary video of escape from the forest fire in California

Comment

Looks like the thunderstorm has gone off to Grimsby now

Real-Time Lightning Map :: LightningMaps.org

Comment

It's been a strange old day here, weatherwise.

Comment

It's getting a bit chilly now

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    I strayed from the true path the other day and tried Wenzel's steak slice, honestly it was wrong, wrong , wrong !!!!!!!!!!!!! It made a Sainsbury's slice taste good.

Forgive me Greggs - I am a sinner.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X