• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Final run of my utility for transmogrifying Chef cookbooks before I try the install-as-standalone-command bit and give it its final, final run.

As I'm running it against the main Git repo and it pulls the whole lot down each time, I'm hoping I can get a "disk full" message out of this crappy Windows laptop before I'm done
      Last day today?
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

What is the pac-man in the window thing going on in canary wharf between the banks - is this a new libor rigging method?

Comment

How the fook does a thread about writing to your MP kick off into an IPSE argument!?! Think I need a sockie...

Comment

Aargh! The chap who needs to sign for my laptop has snuck off into a meeting until 2pm

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              Last day today?
              Yep, just got to get the bureaucracy sorted out

Comment

Went to do timesheet today, the bloke who hired me and who signed for them originally is leaving.

Asked the agency to update the signer to current manager bloke earlier this week and the feckers still haven't updated it.

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Now reading a tutorial on writing device drivers in Linux, just to pass the time

Comment

Need to order a cheap and cheerful printer for eldest to take to uni - any recommendations ?

Comment

Go to 7dayshop.com (or similar) and pick up a Canon. Cheaper to run than Epsoms. Oh, and use 3rd party ink unless you are printing photos on photo paper.

https://www.7dayshop.com/products/re...r-REFURBMG3250

Or go to your nearest PCWorld etc and buy whatever they have at <£40.

If it breaks, buy a new one.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X