• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    And just after posting that, the relevant chap came over and said I might as well clear off at lunchtime if there isn't anything left to do then

Free at last

They seemed quite surprised down in Philips Semiconductors when I buggered off at lunchtime on the last Friday.

But they'd got their contracted 40hrs so that was it.

Not many of those 40 might be deemed constructive, mind you.

Comment

Final run of my utility for transmogrifying Chef cookbooks before I try the install-as-standalone-command bit and give it its final, final run.

As I'm running it against the main Git repo and it pulls the whole lot down each time, I'm hoping I can get a "disk full" message out of this crappy Windows laptop before I'm done

Comment

I'll see how it goes. Contract terms mean I can bill for a full day after four hours on site, which is noon

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Just managed to sneak a relevant Pink Floyd quote in as a subordinate clause in the README file

Comment

Afternoon all
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Just managed to sneak a relevant Pink Floyd quote in as a subordinate clause in the README file
              "Be careful with that axe Eugene" or "One of these days I'm gonna cut you into little pieces"?

Comment

WFH today, which is more productive than sitting in the office with the stressbunnies I seem to be working with.

I never thought marketing types were so annoying, but I never had to work with them on a day to day basis.

Methinks I will be increasing the number of days WFH to more than one.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

How is one and all today?

Norrahe's blog

Comment

In other news plan B is one year old today

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X