• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got introduced to two new permies. "Nick originally came here to work on XYZ…"

I added "And I haven't escaped yet." For some reason they all laughed

Comment

Back to work
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Got as far as scanning the timesheet.
        I am trying to find an elusive Programme Manager, who unfortunatly is in a secure room I don't have access to yet

Not the end of the world as I have until the 3rd to get the Invoice in to the agent, thank god this is monthly rather than weekly
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Looks like murrain is arriving with you about now, Zeity

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            M1 closed southbound due to an accident. I was heading north and not using it, but the knock-on effect on traffic had brought the A50-A46 junction to a standstill. Had to wait through eight changes of lights without moving, then eight more with one or two vehicles getting through each time, just to get on to the junction. Took a further five minutes to get around it to the third exit
            Heard that opn the radio this morning. Normally go through that section from the A46 to the M69 on the way south each week. Re-routed via the A1 then cut accross to Luton and down to the M25. M25 was a pain but at least I wasn't stationary for a couple of hours.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Heard that opn the radio this morning. Normally go through that section from the A46 to the M69 on the way south each week. Re-routed via the A1 then cut accross to Luton and down to the M25. M25 was a pain but at least I wasn't stationary for a couple of hours.
              I used to do the A1, A46, M1 so I would have been smack in the middle of it!

Luckily todays drive was very scenic, its a beautiful part of the country up here
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                I do like the painless weekly self billing I'm currently enjoying.

Last weeks timesheet uploaded to portal and signed off by client on Friday. Invoice auto-generated Wednesday, money in account on Friday.

If only it was SM's old agency. They used Faster payments rather than Bacs and the money arrived on Wednesday as well.
                Same here for client A. Client B currently require a completed spread sheet to be emailed to a PM and them passed to the line manager for approval, then back to the agent. Took three weeks last month. Agency are at least being good and chasing when it gets overdue, and they pay 3 days after getting the authorised time sheet. Very Large Public Sector organisation, not known for it's efficient use of IT

Client C were paying against invoices raised directly, but they seem to have gone quiet work wise. Not fretting too much as they are paid up to date for work done so far. One advantage of going direct with public sector clients is that they do have a commitment to pay on time.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  I used to do the A1, A46, M1 so I would have been smack in the middle of it!

Luckily todays drive was very scenic, its a beautiful part of the country up here
                  It was one of the worst delays I've seen up there - they were queuing right up the A46, and all the local alternative routes were jammed solid as well

Comment

Murraining here now

Comment

0.5% of contract extension done...

Comment

Working...
                      X