• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Great trip home.

No trains running from Swansea when I got to the station.

"Incident" (one under) between Port Talbot & Bridgend.

Eventually got under way at 17:30 instead of 16:28.

It could have been worse, some had been waiting since 15:30.

Ho fecking hum.
    Bummer

My road was closed citybound for several hours this afternoon and early evening after a chap crashed his motorcycle and died about half a mile away. As it's the main route into the city from the motorway, and also runs parallel to the river meaning there are few alternative routes on that side, it caused chaos, apparently.

I come in from the other direction and then through a back route, so I missed it.

Comment

In other news: roast lamb for dinner

Comment

My back has improved a lot this evening - it's much better than it was just three or four hours ago

Still not right, but a good way there.

Now, time for a beer and Breaking Bad

Last night was the one with "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Frimley parkrun today is cancelled as there is an event at the park. That means I have to decide which alternative venue to go to. There's a new one in Bracknell only about a month old, or it's Rushmoor's 1st birthday run. Or there's Alice Holt which is one of the nicest courses, albeit very hilly and a bit further away.

I hate decisions on a Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Cats have discovered my foam roller.

One gets inside, the other rolls it across the lounge. Swap places and roll back. Zorbing for kittens.
            Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Last edited by mudskipper; 2 May 2015, 09:19.

Comment

<-- Mudmog

Comment

Comment

Morning denizens

Early(ish) start today to get to Sainsbury's before the crowds. I had a voucher entitling me to another voucher for 10p/litre off petrol if I spent £30 on cleaning products and such. I now have enough bin liners, washing up liquid, detergent, and kitchen roll to see me through several nuclear winters

Then I went to the bank to pay in a couple of birthday cheques before they go off. The local branch is small and usually busy, so I automatically grabbed an envelope, laboriously filled it in with much peering because I didn't have my reading glasses, and took it to the "Quick Deposit" slot. At this point I realised that there was only one other customer in the place, and three cashiers had been sat a few feet in front of me with nothing to do, watching the entire process and obviously wondering why I didn't just take an extra three steps and let them do the work

Anyway, home now, all the shopping has been put away, and a mug of freshly-ground coffee has been brewed

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Agency: "We are experiencing problems with our remittance generator." They'd better mean the thing that generates the PDF file, and not the thing that generates the bank transfer
                    Turns out they did - money landed in the biz account OK

Comment

Coming back from shopping, I went past the spot where that poor sod crashed his motorbike yesterday. You can see the dotted lines painted on the road by the collision investigators. Looks like he lost it, veered across the bus lane, almost managed to recover, but hit the kerb just by a bus shelter a few yards further on. Apparently he, and most of the bike, finally came to rest about twenty or thirty yards further up after hitting a road sign, having also hit a lamppost a few yards before that

Comment

Working...
                      X