• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tucked into some black bomber cheese this evening. I've really missed it.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Went for a walk after I came home. The way back home was the worst walk in a lifetime. Gout is back with a vengeance. This time at the right ankle

I literally crawled the last 300 yards when a neighbour (I never saw him before) asked me if I needed some help!

Feck! Vegetarian for a few days and back on Allopurinol for a month

Comment

Mr N is exacting vengeance on me for being out all weekend with grub club and and he hasn't had any lentil spoup

Pffffffft
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Roasting a Gressingham duck for dinner.

I was supposed to do it at the weekend, but I didn't feel that much like cooking. Also, I managed to have a decent breakfast both days, and I never seem to want a big dinner after that.

So it's roast duck for Monday evening
          Careful lad! How is your gout doing?

Duck is high in purines !!!

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            Mr N is exacting vengeance on me for being out all weekend with grub club and and he hasn't had any lentil spoup

Pffffffft
            You think sumat got to do with the taste?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
              Went for a walk after I came home. The way back home was the worst walk in a lifetime. Gout is back with a vengeance. This time at the right ankle

I literally crawled the last 300 yards when a neighbour (I never saw him before) asked me if I needed some help!

Feck! Vegetarian for a few days and back on Allopurinol for a month
              Bugger

My brother's taken the Allopurinol all the time since he started on it five or six years ago, and hasn't had an attack since.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                Careful lad! How is your gout doing?

Duck is high in purines !!!
                No problems with the gout since starting the pills. Maybe this'll flush it out and get the doc to up the dose - I'm due for a review of it soon. But I love duck, and I don't remember ever having attacks related to it before, not even when Sainsbury's have been doing their half-price ones and I've had loads of it.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  No problems with the gout since starting the pills. Maybe this'll flush it out and get the doc to up the dose - I'm due for a review of it soon. But I love duck, and I don't remember ever having attacks related to it before, not even when Sainsbury's have been doing their half-price ones and I've had loads of it.
                  Fair enough. Guess it is a different trigger for everyone.

It seems to be exercise for me

Comment

Back in the saddle at client co again.

Sat in my rented digs going over the year end accounts.

Could really do with a drop of something but the duty free from the weekend is all at home
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Realised that there is one thing I hate more than writing recipes and that's reviews.

Will leave Friday night's till another day, don't fancy spending 2 hours slogging on that.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X