• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Taken from a grown up thread else where!

MS you do know that after your flu jab you will feel shocking for 2-3 days, hope you've not got much planned for this weekend....... ooooops!
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Must sort out one for myself. Not today though.
    Hmmm, haven't had anything from my doc and just realised I forgot to change my address with them.

All I've ever had with the flu jab is a temperature the night of the jab and apart from that a sore arm.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
      I agree with some of that, but not all. Getting there early and being the most relaxed person in the airport is quite satisfying.
      I'm always much earlier for a flight than I need to be (apart from when I've been asked "just a quick question..." as I try to leave the office - see TPD posts passim ad nauseum). Until I am checked in, I get stressy at home - once I am checked in and the bags are out of my control, I can chill - they're going to get me on the plane now, regardless.

At some stage, I need to ring Air Canada because I can't enter my passport details for my upcoming flight. Since it's not until August, I probably don't need to worry too much, though.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Never done karaoke. I think that's probably for the best.
        Best karaoke I've done was in a bar in Kyoto.

A few of us from the hostel went out that night, got chatting with some businessmen in a restaurant who then dragged us to a Karaoke bar and then paid for all our drinks and food for the evening.
        It was one of those karaoke places that have private booths that you rent for groups.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Think so, it's not bad for what you get.

I still have my flying blue petroleum card which should get me access to the lounge, but the feckers have changed the rules and you can only use the lounge with that card if you are transferring
          The lounge one the Schengen side is usually rammed these days but I can't be bothered to walk all the way down to the other one.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            I'm always much earlier for a flight than I need to be (apart from when I've been asked "just a quick question..." as I try to leave the office - see TPD posts passim ad nauseum). Until I am checked in, I get stressy at home - once I am checked in and the bags are out of my control, I can chill - they're going to get me on the plane now, regardless.

At some stage, I need to ring Air Canada because I can't enter my passport details for my upcoming flight. Since it's not until August, I probably don't need to worry too much, though.
            When I travelled to blighty for work from cloggers, I could leave the house 90 mins before the flight was due to depart, only time it almost backfired was when the trains were fecked.

Always found if you spoke to the blokes at passport control in cloggy, you got through quicker.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              When I travelled to blighty for work from cloggers, I could leave the house 90 mins before the flight was due to depart, only time it almost backfired was when the trains were fecked.

Always found if you spoke to the blokes at passport control in cloggy, you got through quicker.
              In all the years I've been flying, I've only ever missed a flight once - guy in front of me at check-in was asking all sorts of questions and I couldn't do it online. Fully flexible ticket, so I caught the next plane two hours later, although it was expensive because I was bored so went to Dixons and bought my first digital camera.

I've had to run through the terminal before (see TPD passim), and I've been the "one remaining passenger" that they have had to page once or twice. But they were down to travel hiccoughs - suicide "an unexpected incident involving a person" prevented the Heathrow Express from running so I needed to get a taxi from Paddington etc.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                In all the years I've been flying, I've only ever missed a flight once - guy in front of me at check-in was asking all sorts of questions and I couldn't do it online. Fully flexible ticket, so I caught the next plane two hours later, although it was expensive because I was bored so went to Dixons and bought my first digital camera.

I've had to run through the terminal before (see TPD passim), and I've been the "one remaining passenger" that they have had to page once or twice. But they were down to travel hiccoughs - suicide "an unexpected incident involving a person" prevented the Heathrow Express from running so I needed to get a taxi from Paddington etc.
                Only missed a flight once and that was because the stansted express was stuck in a tunnel for ages, got there in what should have been enough time, but the jobsworths, wouldn't check me in. This was in the day when you couldn't check in online.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Bunk, shall I check us in online?

Comment

Tell him you've done it and then "forget"

Then pretend to be Jeremy Beadle...
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

You guys flying from Gatwick?

Highly recommend the Jamies Italian, rather than the seafood and fizz place. Used to meet up with Netraider there, nosh wasn't bad and the wine selection neither, coffee is good as well.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X